Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports videogames and live services, including FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
EA’s NBA LIVE 18 had an impressive launch, thanks to many awesome features like The One, an all-new dynamic game experience centered around the player, the choices they make, and how they will define their legacy on the court.
Basketball in Spain produces some of the best international players to ever step foot on an NBA court. In addition, both of Spain’s women and men’s national teams dominate the European leagues, and are always in medal contention when the Olympics come around. That’s why EA SPORTS is excited to announce that we are expanding our NBA LIVE console team into Madrid – where the passion for the sport is only matched by the talent on the ground.
Interested in joining our team? EA Madrid is looking for passionate Software Engineers and Development Managers of all levels to develop genre-bending features like The One for our NBA LIVE franchise.
The Challenge Ahead:
To deliver major online gaming components and features for the NBA Live franchise with a focus on code quality, extensibility as well as testability, and to provide support to engineers on the team. You will be required to design, implement and support next generation game engine components used to power online gaming experiences and services
What an Online Software Engineer does at EA:
- Participate in distributed agile development across multiple teams
- Write code and assist in the design and implement interfaces for game systems utilizing C++ and object-oriented programming;
- Help evaluate system performance, troubleshoot, and develop and implement complex modifications to applications as needed
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers and Team Leads in developing recommendations to improve quality control and team productivity
- Work directly with both client and server teams to maintain high-traffic services for multi-platform games
- Iterate, design, and implement improvements to live systems and workflows
- Identify bottlenecks and slow queries and optimize them.
The next great EA Online Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 5+ years of development experience in Agile/Scrum environment
- Proficiency with C++ with an emphasis on OOP/D
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational database
- Experience in a Windows environment. Linux experience is a plus.
- Experience with client-server architectures, basic network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP and UDP), concurrency, and latency
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Excellent Problem solving skills
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Perl, Lua, Python), XML and C#.
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently
- Knowledge of source code management: Git or Perforce is preferred
- Fluent in English
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and passion. You will also get a benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free video games.
At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
Click here if you want to know more about our location
Please check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
About Electronic Arts