Electric vehicles are the future, but at Scoot they are the present. As the world's first 100% light electric vehicle service, Scoot sources, deploys, and maintains more light electric vehicles than almost any other organization. We provide them to tens of thousands of riders in San Francisco, Barcelona, and Santiago, and soon in cities everywhere. Our Office Manager will have a strong hospitality and service mindset, ensuring our work environment help us attract, support and retain the best talent. You are a super people person. You are compassionate, extroverted and positive - what we call “scooty”. You love talking to everyone and making everything around you better. You are super organized but you enjoy the chaos of startup life because it presents so many opportunities for you to wear multiple hats and organize things.
Who you are:
- You are a people person, you get energy from working with others
- You are a good listener, you are comfortable in situations where your colleagues need someone to talk to
- You are extremely organized, you are happiest with a clear calendar and project list
- You like improvement projects
- You work well within a budget
What you will do:
- Facilities vendor management: cleaning, security, safety inspectors
- Stock kitchen and office supply weekly
- Coordinate onboarding of new employees including ordering tech equipment (laptops, tablets, and phones)
- Coordinate visiting employees (with support from travel agency)
- Attend to reception desk (phones are routed through customer service) for office visitors
- Plan for building improvements with City Manager and Operations Manager
- Manage budget for facilities and employee events large or small (e.g. weekly breakfasts or annual holiday party)
- 3+ years as office manager or facilities manager, or other relevant experience
- University or relevant technical education desirable
- Proficiency in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel
- Available to work onsite 5 days a week in Madrid city center
- Conversational to professional fluency in Spanish and English
- Unlimited Scooting
- The rare opportunity to impact climate change and urban mobility
- Opportunity to travel
- Generous PTO
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
We are looking for an enthusiastic, thoughtful, and organized Office Manager to be a part of our Barcelona office. The Office Manager will report to the City Manager, Barcelona. This is an opportunity to help bring sustainable transportation to the people of Barcelona through the sharing of light electric vehicles. We believe the Office Manager will play a key part in influencing the culture of our office and ensuring that culture aligns with what we've built in all our offices.
Scoot Networks has a mission to bring Electric Vehicles for Everyone. In doing so, we hope to have a massive impact on global climate emissions by creating an unmatched urban mobility solution that can impact the daily lives of people in cities. In our first city of San Francisco, we launched a first-of-its-kind shared scooter network that has transformed the way tens of thousands of locals get around the city. Our next phase includes expanding our mission around the world with new cities and new vehicles.
Our team is comprised of incredibly diverse skill sets from electrical engineers, to performance marketers, to fleet mechanics, and designers. All of us are unified by a passion for our mission, our tenacity at getting there, and our desire to have a bunch of fun while we do.
Scoot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity in our team has been and will continue to be essential to succeeding at our mission to provide Electric Vehicles for Everyone.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB