Wallbox is a global company, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy in the electric vehicle industry. We create smart charging systems that combine innovative technology with outstanding design and manage the communication between vehicle, grid, building, and charger.
Wallbox offers a complete portfolio of charging and energy management solutions for residential and semi-public use in more than 60 countries and soon will begin commercializing public charging solutions as well.
Founded in 2015, with headquarters in Barcelona, our mission is to facilitate the adoption of electric vehicles today to make more sustainable use of energy tomorrow. Our talent has no borders - we welcome over 600 Wallboxers from over 35 nationalities in Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
Ready to change the world with us?
About the role:
The Node.js Team Manager is an integral part of the development team and will be responsible for executing a broad range of software development oversight the coordination with the other teams. As well as developing you will be working on architectural decisions of the project and you will be responsible for mentoring and coaching the team to become highly efficient.
- End-to-end ownership of the software development from concept to deployment and maintenance.
- Participate in the development and code reviews.
- Work with the PO on high-level requirements and concepts from product managers to analyze project feasibility with technology teams (electronics, mechanics, software).
- Be the point of contact between engineering and other departments such as operations and product.
- Ensure technical progress and activity is visible to all stakeholders including project status, changes in scope, milestones, and risks.
- Coordinating the activities of cross-functional engineering teams (HW, SW, Validation)
- Lead and manage the Node.js team.
- Collaborate in architectural decisions.
- Review and participate with the developers in defining new functionalities.
- Preparation of estimations of projects.
- Solid experience managing and leading a dev team.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills, at least level C1.
- You love robust code.
- Analytical and data-driven.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Solid understanding of microservices architecture.
- Experience in mentoring and growing teams.
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to "think outside the box" while identifying problems and designing creative solutions.
- Experience with databases (DynamoDB, Redis).
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience using Jira, Confluence.
- Firm grasp of Git-based source control.
- 100% company paid private medical insurance, including dental coverage, after one month.
- Attractive compensation package.
- Friday afternoons off.
- Opportunity to advance your payroll (under request).
- Unlimited coffee & beverages.
- Language classes (English & Spanish).
- Sports channel, which offers online classes until our gym is opened.
- Monthly “All Hands” & other team events.
- Brand new canteen with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, for a discounted price.
- Brand new offices in Zona Franca.
- Over 35 different nationalities.
- No suits! Unless it’s Carnival or Halloween.
Please upload your CV in English
*At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
About Wallbox Chargers
St. Andreu de la Barca, Barcelona, Spain