We are looking for an NPI Engineer to join our Operations team. By working in between the Operations and the Engineering departments the NPI Engineer will be responsible for improving the current products to reduce the manufacturing and customers incidences when they are related to the product design. Also, he/she will be in charge of the NPI phase of the new devices, by assuring that manufacturing variables are introduced at early stages of the design.
There are three stages in this role:
- Receive, analyze and process issues originated in the production line. Solve these issues and, if not possible, provide clear insights to the Engineering department in order to accelerate the problem solving
- Repair technical issues in boards or test equipment
- Interact with the factory and the Manufacturing department to avoid production line breakdowns
Quality and mid-term product improvement:
- By interacting with the Quality department, detect issues’ patterns and establish a process for design improvement
- Deliver reports and conclusions to the Technical Office department
- Help to reduce the complete RMA process time
- Be able to validate second sources in critical components
- Get involved in the design process with the Engineering team at early stages of the design
- Guarantee that products are easy to produce and troubleshoot:
- ensure production constraints are taken into account from the design phase
- prepare production of prototypes, pre-production and production of first batch
- build documentation to describe the product, how it is build, troubleshooted, and repaired, for existing and new products.
- anticipate parts that would require double source
- Create and organize the Product documentation for the new devices and the current products as well
Technical or Superior Electronic Engineer. Minimum 3 year experience in electronic hardware companies. English intermediate level.
Required technical knowledge:
- Experience in production. Capable of validate if the engineering designs are producible.
- ECAD: Altium and Orcad or similar. Capable of understand schematics, bom lists and PCB files.
- PCB manufacturing. Understand Gerber files.
- Minimum scripting knowledge (C, assembler, bash, python, etc).
- Manufacturing Electronic Processes
- Production Traceability Processes
Nice to have:
- Low power and battery powered devices. Understand the issues related.
- Radio frequency designs. Understand the issues related.
- Analog and digital designs. Understand the issues related.
- Communication skills, written and spoken, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals, e.g. developers, product owners, sales managers, other engineers
- Organisational skills and a methodical approach to work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Teamworking skills
What we offer
- Full-time employment
- Competitive salary
- Great work environment
- Beautiful new office space in Sants
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping the Smart City ecosystem and pioneering the Industrial Internet.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!