Who we are
AppyParking is on a mission to make parking a truly forgettable experience. We understand how fragmented infrastructures and stand-alone solutions cause stress and hassle for the most mundane of daily tasks, like finding and paying for a parking space. We know there’s a better way of doing things and so we’re building innovative and future-ready solutions from the bottom up, to improve the way parking is accessed and managed.
Our holistic kerbside management platform provides a ‘future of mobility’ conduit between the private and public sector, ensuring standardised kerbside data can flow between local authorities and mobility operators, unlocking the barriers that hinder the adoption of intelligent mobility solutions and ultimately make the kerb work for everyone, physically, socially and commercially.
AppyParking is backed by a number of leading investors including Hyundai Motors and Sumitomo Corporation, and recently closed a significant £7.6 million Series A funding round.
We’ve won several prestigious awards over the years including more recently Best Transportation-as-a-Service Project Award from the TaaS Technology Conference as well as being ranked as a top 50 disruptive UK company in the 2019 Disruption 50 Index.
We’re building something big, from the ground up, so this is a great chance to get on board with that and make a mark on a company that you can call your own.
So what is a developer in AppyParking? A team player? Autonomous? A rock-star? A self-starter? Yes (but all JDs say that right?). But you are also adaptable, dependable, sociable. At your heart you are a passionate problem solver, an engineer. You like “sleeves rolled up headphones on don’t talk to me I’m in the zone ok i’m done where’s the pub” you are that kind of animal. You know that sometimes it’s a one-person problem and sometimes it’s a team one - you’ll play different roles at different times.
* Strong experience of C# .Net development
* Developing RESTful APIs and integrating with external services
* Experience working on large scale problems
* Advocate of automated regression testing
* Passion to do things the right way
* Experience with agile methodologies and automated delivery
* Can contribute to technical and business discussions to help shape products and roadmaps
* Experience with geo-spatial data is a plus
The below is not a shopping list - but the kind of tech we use. The more you have the better it is, but the willingness to pick this stuff up (and potentially make alternative suggestions) is what we are after.
* C# .Net, Azure, REST
* JS / Html / Css
* ElasticSearch, Git CLI
* Rabbit MQ,
* Angular JS (1.6+) Or Aurelia
* Data Ingestion & transformation
* DDD, CQ(R)S, Event Driven Architecture
* Message queues, MassTransit, AzureServiceBus
* GIS, GeoJson experience
* Microservices, SOA
* TimeSeries Data processing
* Regular Expressions
AppyParking work hard to create an inclusive environment to be a part of. A culturally diverse workspace, but all sharing the same eye-on-the-prize mentality - but on top of that:
* Generous Salary - no-one works for free right?
* Pension - we all get old. look at the CTO - we didn't know numbers went up that high!
* Perkbox - free stuff/cheap stuff/discounted stuff - what's not to like?
* Ability to work from home - it's where the heart is.
* A very cool office in Farringdon - exposed brick, glass, sofas, sideboards (like the 70's)
* Share options - If AppyParking does well, so do we all!
* Biscuits, lots of biscuits - (and fruit) but who doesn't like the odd biscuit?
To apply for this role, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV, a covering message explaining why you believe you are suited to this role, and details of your current salary.