Olympics.com is a multi-platform global media destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events and highlights, Olympics.com provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 12 languages. Olympics.com was launched in August 2016 as "Olympic Channel" in support of the IOC’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans and new audiences with the Olympic Movement. Founding Partners supporting Olympics.com are Worldwide TOP Partners Bridgestone, Toyota and Alibaba. Olympics.com is available worldwide at olympics.com, its mobile apps and on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and the Roku platform.
The Olympic Channel requires a creative and highly skilled Graphic Designer to join our Programming Department, working across multiple outputs. You will deliver premium quality graphics for use on digital platforms (predominantly within video) and may also be required to assist in designing interactive prototypes.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Create and design graphic elements for video, stills and infographical images
• Conceptualize and create prototypes for digital platform enhancements
• Present ideas to meet the creative requirements of the multi-platform Production team
• Find creative graphic solutions and work within tight deadlines
• You will produce stunning storyboards and conceptual visualisations
• Keep abreast with the latest technologies and methods of graphics production
Skills & Requirements
- Two years minimum professional experience
- Fully conversant in Adobe Creative suite.
- Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Keynote
- Experience in 3D modeling packages.
- Excellent cross-platform digital design skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of branding, and brand values
- Extensive knowledge of digital platform specifications
- Thorough knowledge of sport and sports graphics
- Infographics design and ability to visualise and simplify complex sports data
- Excellent initiative, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in English language
- Experience of broadcast graphics packages, eg VizRT, would be an advantage.
- Basic experience with HTML and CSS
Workplace & Environment
- Fast-paced work environment
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks
- This is a temporary position to cover a maternity leave in our office in Madrid starting ASAP
About Olympic Channel Services