Olympics.com is a global destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events and highlights, the Olympic Channel provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 12 languages on olympics.com. The Olympic Channel was launched in August 2016 in support of the International Olympic Committee (IOC)’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans and new audiences with the Olympic Movement.
Would you like to be part of a team that's responsible for maintaining quality on a product impacting millions of users?
We need a QA engineer responsible to coordinate all the 3rd parties that provide Olympic Channel with QA services including but not limited to External QA engineers, Remote QA testers, and Automated testing systems.
As a Full Stack QA Engineer you will be responsible for defining the QA strategy, defining the quality standards and acceptance criteria for deliveries. Coordinate releases to UAT and production, and manage both the test cases and bug tracking of the Olympic Channel native mobile application.
You will be the first point of contact for QA related issues with external vendors and other departments of the organization (Product, Data, Editors…) to ensure every feature is properly tested and validated.
You should be able to coordinate QA resources in an effective way, reporting to the team lead or department manager in a simple and comprehensive way.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate with QA team and available resources to assure high quality standards with the native Olympics mobile application.
• Creating automated tests within different levels (Functional testing, integration and end-to-end)
• Coordinating with developers and product owners to ensure proper definition of stories and appropriate acceptance criteria coverage.
• Defining test scenarios and strategies for complex architectures with an automation first approach.
• Bug tracking and reporting in an effective way.
• Exploring new testing approaches and writing POC's to test out within the company
Skills & Requirements
• Ability to setup test automation frameworks from scratch.
• Specific skills with tools/frameworks for test automation in mobile applications (e.g. Selenium Web driver, Appium, etc).
• Familiarity in using tools like Postman and Charles to test API
• Desirable knowledge in the areas of QX, performance and load testing.
• Experience in setting up automation for multiple device compatibility.
• Desirable knowledge of setup/maintaining CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Azure, Jenkins, TeamCity).
• Desirable knowledge of different CLOUD technology, tools and resources (e.g. AWS Lambda, IAM, DynamoDB, ECS, API Gateway, etc)
• Able to test with API tools (SOAP, POSTMAN…) and metadata files and workflows
• Analytical ability is clearly required.
• At least 5 years’ experience as QA engineer or related activities.
• At least 2 years’ experience as QA/developer in an Agile environment
• Previous experience coordinating teams.
• Experience elaborating complete test plans for complex digital properties (WEB Apps, Mobile Apps, TV Apps…) including but not limited to: Functional testing, Integration testing, End to End testing, and Automated testing.
• Telecom, IT Engineering university degree or equivalent experience required
• Project and process management experience desired (Agile/Scrum, Jira, Bug tracking)
Workplace and Environment
• Fast-paced work environment.
• Available to travel occasionally to our offices in Madrid.
• This is a remote freelance opportunity with an initial duration of 1 year with the possibility to keep extending.
About Olympic Channel Services