Permutive is looking for a mobile engineer to build our iOS SDK and drive the development of mobile engineering on our platform.
You'll be building our iOS SDK, which will be responsible for tracking billions of user events every day, syncing with our cloud infrastructure, and reacting to real-time events in-app.
The role has significant room for growth, potentially leading development of our SDK architecture across iOS, Android, Unity and JS, and designing features that help connect millions of app users for some of the world's largest digital audiences.
For this role, you should be keen to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and take ownership over mobile engineering. You should be able to understand and communicate technical concepts clearly, as the role will involve regular interaction with clients and data partners as you scope out and develop integrations with our platform. You will be an early hire and therefore can expect to have a significant impact on the direction and culture of the company.
Our ideal candidate is an engineer who’s keen to take on more responsibility and is comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of work at a rapidly growing startup.
// Who we are
We’re a small team trying to make big data actionable by anyone. We believe that enterprise companies build clunky platforms which make big data confusing, frustrating and boring. Manipulating billions of data points should feel like you’re being plugged into the Matrix; not into a 90s accountancy package.
Our technology is fundamentally different. Every day we process billions of events across hundreds of millions of users - and we give results in milliseconds. We’ve built the world’s fastest Data Management Platform and the implications are huge.
Revenue is growing super fast; we’re working with flagship publishers and marketers; and we’re beating billion dollar competitors in market. On route to this, we’ve been backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Y Combinator, EF and Octopus Ventures.
Behind the scenes our goal is to build an incredible company with an extraordinary culture. We’re looking for people who are excited by growth, embrace responsibility and are excited by enormous challenges. It’s a really exciting time to join, experience start-up life and shape who we become.
• Passion and experience building iOS applications or SDKs.
• Strong ability writing clean and efficient Objective-C and/or Swift code.
• Excellent diagnostic skills and a close familiarity with tools for profiling, running, and debugging of iOS apps.
• Strong computer science fundamentals: our scale demands a solid understanding of complexity and data structures.
• Experience with other mobile platforms such as Android a plus.
Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to empathise with the user.
In our mind the real benefit is to join a team where you have a laugh together, have a huge personal impact on decisions, and get excited about things together.
And, of course, there’s other perks, too:
• Stock options, so you get to own a piece of the pie
• Weekly lunches and quarterly socials — recent highlights include Mexican food, escape room and pub trips
• So many office snacks you’ll never go hungry or thirsty
• Private offices just off Brick Lane
• Shiny new MacBook