We are looking for an experienced and well-rounded mobile developer to be part of an energetic team dedicated to improving our highly innovative online English course.
If you love building first-class mobile apps, have a passion for programming languages and are proficient with Swift, Objective-C and Java, we want to hear from you. With millions of users in over 170 countries, what you do matters.
What you’ll do
● Develop the Android and iOS apps to evolve our mobile English course. We have long roadmap of features to build from scratch!
● Follow the community most supported technologies: Alamofire, Moya, RxSwift, Realm for iOS. Butterknife, Android Annotations, RxJava, Retrofit, Realm for Android.
● Share knowledge and contribute ideas being a valued member of an end-to-end, cross-functional team
● Take an active part in the definition and creation of our products, collaborating with designers, product owners and other software engineers
● Participate in the analysis and adoption of new technologies to incorporate in the web stack to guarantee performance, code quality and maintainability
● Work from our office in the heart of sunny and beautiful Barcelona (relocation packages are available if you do not currently live in Barcelona)
We’re looking for someone with a passion for
● Releasing well-engineered and well-tested code
● Building scalable and robust first-class mobile apps
● Keeping an eye on cutting-edge mobile technologies and knowing when to harness their potential
If you have experience with the following, even better
● Functional programming
● Reactive programming
● VIPER and CLEAN architecture
● A/B Tests
● Tracking tools
What makes working at ABA English great
● Open work environment with young, dynamic and outstanding international teams
● Working in a vibrant and fast paced company
● Free Breakfast every Monday
● Free English and Spanish classes
● ABA Slastic:
o Private health insurance: Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
o Restaurant discounts: Enjoy your lunches with a daily discount
o Childcare subsidies: We offer a discount plan for hundreds of Barcelona-based daycare centers
o Discounted gym access: Exercise your muscles as well as your brain!
o Discounted travel cards: We make your commute a little lighter on your wallet
● Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, juices, fresh fruit)
ABA English Culture
Here at ABA English we don’t rely on machines to produce our product, we rely on people. With that in mind we constantly strive to provide the best working environment possible to ensure the success of each member of the ABA team.
When choosing a place to work, we believe culture is one of, if not the most important differentiator. After all, it's where you'll spend the majority of your week! Our office in Barcelona is in a start-up hub for creative businesses.
When we wake up we look forward to coming in, and find our jobs challenging, stimulating and enjoyable. We take pride in working for a business that's both highly innovative and making a lasting positive impact on the world, and enjoy kicking back after a hard weeks work with an inter-company hangout and beers. Every quarter we try to go out for a cultural or team building event.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, then we would love to hear from you! All applications must be in English.
About ABA English
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!