Schibsted Media Group is one of the world’s leading online classified ads businesses, active in 22 countries around the world and reaching more than 200 million people worldwide.
We are #1 in General Classifieds in 18 countries, including France, Spain, Sweden and Brazil. We are creating a global marketplace that touches people’s lives – every day. We are empowering the world's economy and promoting sustainability by enabling anyone to sell and everyone to buy.
We operate in established markets in Western Europe, as well as in emerging markets in Eastern Europe, Latin America and North Africa.
The migration team will work closely with the core Rocket engineering team and local asset owners to ensure that the transition to Rocket is seamless and minimizes customer impact.
- Define processes and metrics for successful migrations to the Rocket platform.
- Help local sites prepare for migration to Rocket - install sync tools on their systems, help them integrate Schibsted Global components such as Pulse, SPiD, Messaging, etc.
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality).
- Work closely with other teams inside and outside Rocket (Data Science, Product and UX) at Schibsted to drive product development.
- Work with product owners and designers to priorities and hone features as they relate to migration.
- Hands on migration support of Rocket Rollout
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science (or similar)
- Experience of either Rocket or Blocket/Shotgun platform highly desirable
- Working experience with Golang and/or Scala is a plus.
- You have a deep understanding of security, data integrity, synchronizationUnderstanding of Software Development best practices.
- Work effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional team
- Use sound judgment to identify issues and escalate when appropriateStrong customer and business smarts
- Work for the global improvement of the team
- Availability to travelIdentify and communicate specific personal growth goals for selfFluent
- English mandatory (Spanish a plus)
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!