Position in Alcobendas
Solera is a global leader in data and software services that strives to transform every touchpoint of the vehicle lifecycle into a connected digital experience. In addition, we provide products and services to protect life’s other most important assets: our homes and digital identities. Today, Solera processes over 300 million digital transactions annually for approximately 235,000 partners and customers in more than 90 countries. Our 6,500 team members foster an uncommon, innovative culture and are dedicated to successfully bringing the future to bear today through cognitive answers, insights, algorithms and automation.
We are looking for a software developer to join our Madrid team building Solera’s key products for our international market.
The developer will work as part of a Scrum squad focused on delivering features on specific Products or Projects; working closely with Product & Business colleagues.
What You’ll Do
- Translate business requirements into technical deliverables
- Develop new features following domain driven and microservices architecture
- Extend features on existing applications
- Help to modernize and break up monolithic applications
- Investigate and resolve defects in mission critical systems
- Take ownership of feature delivery through the software development lifecycle in a DevOps culture
- Contribute to core architecture and technical design standards
What You’ll Bring
- At least 4 years of experience in software development
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Proficiency in:
- Java & Spring
- REST APIs
- Git, Maven
- Experience building large scale web applications
- Knowledge of using relational databases and non-relational databases
- Professional proficiency in English
It’s A Bonus If You Have
- Experience in Frontend development building responsive UIs
- Expertise in Application Lifecycle Management, DevOps and Continuous Delivery / Deployment processes
- Experience of TDD, BDD and Automated Testing Practices
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design, Event Driven, Microservices and Hexagonal Architectures
- Experience with Docker containerization and Kubernetes orchestration
- Experience working in a Scrum / Agile environment
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company’s needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.