- Who we are: We are a workforce on-demand company that heavily rely on tech. We integrate the complete process of selecting, hiring and managing employees, being the first in digitizing all the steps, introducing Artificial Intelligence solutions in multiple phases, obtaining faster and higher-quality service for our clients and great satisfaction and loyalty for our workers.
- Our Impact on Society: Our vision is to create a long-term job security condition for our workers while providing flexible solutions to our clients. We can do this by concatenating different short-term contracts and minimizing–or completely removing–their unemployed time. We want to remove the need for finding a job ever again.
- Data-Driven: Being the owner of the entire hiring funnel, workforce management, and working experience, give us very unique data that we transform in powerful knowledge to make better decisions, improve job-candidate matches, estimate quality and affinity, and share performance feedback with our workers and clients. We are the most advanced workforce on-demand company thanks to our data and the way we use it.
- Great Challenges for the Data Team: Integrating very different AI solutions to improve the experience for both our workers and employers (Shift Optimization, Machine Learning algorithms, Quality Score Estimations, Document recognition, etc.), relying on a very powerful ETL that permits endless automatizations while keeping the focus on data quality.
- Growth Overview: An annual growth of 170%, available in multiple countries: the UK, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, Colombia, France, and more are coming. HQ in Madrid with a second big presence in Barcelona and some remote workers in the UK, The Netherlands, and the USA. And finally, some of our great clients are Amazon, XPOLogistics, Cabify, Santander, Just Eat, etc.
Senior Python/Data Engineer
Be one the Owners of our ETL Data Pipeline.
We use Airflow, a very powerful Python framework that allows to break down any complex problem/process into smaller ones. Each component can be implemented directly in Python, or in any other language since they could be docker images executed in ECS instances.
Overall, we can resume the main responsibilities as follow:
- Designing and implement the data processing pipelines with our powerful ETL.
- Investigating, evaluating and proposing different "data solutions", e.g., select the best DB for a given type of data, implement a Spark code to speed-up processes, implement parts of DAG in different languages if needed, etc.
- Improving the performance of our ETL DAGs with high-quality code.
- Automatize the training, building, and deployment of a series of Machine Learning algorithms that are used for very different applications.
You will be working in the Data Science team (read the last blog posts), together with Full-stack Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Engineering, Stats or Quantitative field.
- 2+ years of proven experience programming in Python.
- Experience/being comfortable with
- Different kind of databases (RDBMS, NoSQL, Big-data systems...).
- ETL, data pre-processing, or data analysis.
- container development with Docker
- Skilled programmer (e.g., unittest, production/staging experience).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as the business and technical communities.
- A valid work permit to be employed in Spain.
- Fluent in English is a must.
Offer in Short
- Ownership of projects with direct impact on the product.
- Salary in the 35k-50k range (wide range, depending on experience).
- Transparent Equity package.
- Discount on Health insurance.
- A yearly budget for Conferences/meetup/self-learning.
- Working in the sunny Barcelona ~2 minutes walk to the city center.
- Free fruit, free coffee and free lunch on Fridays!
Join us in one of the hottest startups in Spain, breaking into a new market worldwide, learning and contributing with your expertise in innovating the entire job market!