Solera is the world’s leading provider of software and services to the automobile insurance claims processing industry. Created in 2005 with a vision to transform the way the industry operates, Solera is now active in over 70 countries across six continents. This opportunity is based at Solera offices in Madrid (Spain).
Our team develops global solutions and is part of an ambitious new program to redesign the way we extract insights from the data. Not only the team is responsible for the insights, but has control on the end to end process, starting from data acquisition. You will be exposed to learning new technologies and to develop yourself professionally. We are organized as a tribe, with multiple squads and no hierarchies, just a group of volunteers willing to make our future happen.
- Read, extract, transform, stage and load data to selected tools and frameworks (cloud and on premise)
- Work closely to product and reporting team to integrate your work into current production solutions.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Monitoring data performance and modifying infrastructure as needed
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy. Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Obsession by accuracy data and automate processes.
- Solid problem-solving skills, supported by a logical, methodical and thorough approach to implementation.
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization and reporting, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks
- Specify quality checks that assure QA in data and one SVOT
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain collaborative work relationships at all levels.
- Good writing and oral communications skills in English
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Strong knowledge of and experience with SQL
- Technical expertise on big data environments such Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources.
- Programming experience ideally in Spark, Java or Python and ability to learn new coding languages and programs
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development and data mining.
- Experience in production support and troubleshooting.
- Hands on with “can do” attitude
- Deep knowledge of data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval
- Experience in MapReduce is a plus.
- Agile methodologies
- Platform experience, JIRA, Confluence
- High communication skills
- Team player
- Intellectual curiosity
- Analytical skills
- Out of the box thinking