As a system engineer at Speakap, you are responsible for expanding and maintaining our infrastructure. You work closely with the development team and actively participate in discussions about the architecture. Our systems run in a private cloud environment on Debian linux and are managed with Puppet. Our stack includes, but isn’t limited to NGINX, MariaDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, PHP 7 and Node.js.
- Devops minded
- Not afraid to look at and/or write code
- Able to find the right balance between “getting things done” and “getting things right”
- Able to discuss technical subjects
You have a good understanding of:
- Bash scripting and several other (scripting) languages
- Load balancing
- At least one SCM tool
- Configuration management tools
- Architecture design
- Debugging complex issues
- Large scale linux deployments
- (Linux) performance tuning
- Webserver/database/key-value software
- Networking and the OSI model
- experienced, knowledgeable and friendly colleagues
- a pleasant work environment
- the chance to help build an exciting new communication platform
- regular drinks, quality lunches, a foosball table and the latest MacBooks
- plenty of room for your own ideas
- a good salary
Speakap is an Amsterdam-based company developing a secure and private social platform. Hundreds of organizations and thousands of users benefit from our proven technology and have already improved their internal communication and processes. From small businesses to large enterprises: collaboration is happening everywhere.
Our experienced team constantly strives to create an even better application while taking into account usability, scalability and security. The new communication method used within organizations calls for an integrated user experience.
We want to make it easier to work and communicate internally, in all layers of the organization: from headquarters to local branches and from managers to sales representatives.
Up for the job?
Ready to make a next step in your career? Apply now. Get our attention by sending us a cover letter and your CV. For questions regarding your application please contact Erwin van der Vlist (+3120 – 820 42 96 / firstname.lastname@example.org).