As a backend developer in our small team you will be instrumental in researching, refactoring and building our elaborate existing backend platform, built in PHP and MySQL, evolving it into an increasingly modern technological platform, adding value to users and customers, developing internal tools and upgrading documentation, maintainability and scalability.
Our platform is handling large amounts of social data, and your efforts will enable us to handle even more of it. You will be interfacing with social networks APIs, hunting and squashing bugs, assisting our marketers, optimising performance and handling on-going DevOps together with the other team members.
You need to be hard working, curious and driven, extremely execution oriented with a super-strong can-do attitude to be the right person for the job.
This role is to be remote, but you need to be able to work mainly at CET working hours so that our team efficiency is maximized.
Who might be a great fit
- At least 3 years experience in backend web development.
- Strong relational DB experience, preferably MySQL.
- Strong PHP experience
- OOP knowledge.
- Experience with LAMP configuration and maintenance.
- Good debugger using command line tools.
- Good knowledge of version control (Git)
- Lean and agile development as a second nature.
- Independent and responsible; Delivers well with little supervision.
- A good team player.
- Owning a relevant academic degree or an interesting story .
- Very good communication skills in English.
- Experience handling large amounts of data with advanced queries and scripts.
- Modern PHP framework experience (symphony 3, zend, laravel 5).
- NoSQL experience.
- Shell scripting.
- Experience working with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn API’s.
- Experience with the following technologies/ environments: Sphinx, Solr, Beanstalk, RabbitMQ, Memcached, Varnish, Nginx, Capistrano, GCP.
How to apply
Please hit the button below to apply for this role. Send resume, links to portfolio and a nice letter. We would love to hear from you!
About Twitter Counter