You are a marketing technologist – part-digital marketer, part-technologist. You understand that the key to success in digital marketing is to show the right content or offer to the right person at the right time and place, combining data and technology to deliver more relevance. You’re a self-starter who has demonstrated expertise, and you have been part of digital marketing transformation initiatives across marketing channels, data, analytics, personalization, and integration with third-party marketing technology providers.
You will also be an accomplished leader, embodying our core values of trust, transparency, accountability and growth mindset. These values are at the heart of everything we do, are vital for all roles throughout Blexr, and applicants must be able show how they have demonstrated at least some of these attributes in previous employment.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to help us elevate our marketing technology stack to the next level, and make a direct, tangible impact on Blexr’s growth and success.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Owns the vision, strategy, roadmap, and execution of Blexr’s hybrid proprietary/third-party marketing technology stack.
- Works closely with the business and technical architectures to ensure selection or reuse of existing marketing technology are well documented and meet the strategic objectives of the business.
- Leads the definition and implementation of our Proprietary Marketing Technology Program, underpinned by a transform/build/buy strategy which combines data and technology to drive customer acquisition, activation and retention, through segmentation, personalization, customer journey optimization and cross-channel marketing orchestration, as well as enabling easy consolidation and reporting on marketing campaign effectiveness.
- Brings together the business stakeholders in establishing an agreed upon vision and roadmap to evolve the marketing technology stack.
- Acts as the connective tissue between different constituencies such as marketing, development, business intelligence and commercial teams, the broader Blexr team, and outside software and service providers.
- Leads the teams developing our proprietary marketing technology, wearing the Product Owner hat while also handling people management responsibilities such as recruitment for the teams, holding regular 1-1’s with individual team members, providing continuous performance feedback, and enabling team and individual growth from onboarding to ongoing learning and development.
- Drives the scoping of new proprietary marketing technology concepts including business case, supporting metrics, measurement plans and success criteria.
- Captures and documents business requirements and ensures transversal prioritization across the different stakeholders, constituencies and initiatives.
- Builds, refines, prioritizes and manages the product backlog for the proprietary marketing technology teams, translating the vision and roadmap into great epics, user stories and acceptance criteria for and with the teams.
- Works with the proprietary marketing technology teams to define the scope of an upcoming sprint by identifying and prioritizing the most valuable items in their respective product backlog.
- Ensures continuous engagement between stakeholders and proprietary marketing technology teams, through regular sprint demos, business review and user acceptance testing sessions, to validate that deliverables meet requirements, reducing rework and accelerating the pace of delivery.
- Provides visibility into the Proprietary Marketing Technology Program and across the constituent teams.
- Identifies risks, defines mitigation plans and escalates issues requiring management attention.
- Ensures smooth rollout of changes to the marketing technology stack, including good communication and training for users.
- Champions the use of data and analytics to measure and propel success.
- Collaborates with marketing, development, business intelligence and commercial teams to constantly innovate and leverage our marketing technology stack to inform, enrich and improve our marketing campaigns, and drive audience growth by enriching identity, personalization and customer journeys, while not compromising on user experience.
- Partners with teams across the company to operationalize the marketing technology vision.
- Monitors accrual of value to the business from the Proprietary Marketing Technology Program and changes to the marketing technology stack in general, adjusting direction as necessary to maximise value.