Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: an ambitious and organized systems thinker with online platform management skills who cares about the small details and wants to support an industry that makes a difference.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila and reporters around the world.
Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time, and professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
You will have an opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an innovative culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
Why this position is great for you:
- We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time
- Support events that convene some of the most inspiring leaders in the world, from celebrities to philanthropists to aid workers making a difference on the ground
- Take your experience coordinating and providing logistical support for events and wants to take their skills to a global scale
- Professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, Gates Foundation and more rely on us to be in-the-know
- We’re a young, dynamic company that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture
- No bureaucracy here: you’ll get to own your work and will get the support you need
- Want to get ahead? We’re filled with stories of people who joined Devex and moved up, and up, and up. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for from you.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Devex LIVE Associate are…
- Manage online events including webinars, virtual career fairs, and Google Hangouts.
- Research new event technologies and test their compatibility with Devex’s payment and registration platforms
- Address delegate and general event inquiries on behalf of the Devex LIVE team
- Manage and update Devex LIVE webpage with our calendar of events
- Organize and manage all Devex LIVE event contact information in Salesforce
- Research potential speakers, event topic ideas and venues for Devex LIVE events
- Develop post-event wrap-up reports for partners leveraging success metrics provided by e-commerce team.
- Work across Devex Partnership teams and Editorial to ensure successful implementation of events
To fit well in this role you must be super organized, great at communicating by email and phone, ready to roll-up your sleeves and take on every detail no matter how big or small. You also must have…
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (Communications, Marketing, Business, Management, International Affairs, etc)
- Truly fluent written and spoken English
- Experience working in Salesforce and Marketo (or other CRM or Marketing automation software)
- Spanish work authorization
- Ease with online tools including presentation and spreadsheet software
- Familiarity with webinar platforms, Google Hangouts, Webex or ReadyTalk
- Basic understanding of HTML code
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world.