You: an ambitious and organized thinker with data management skills who cares about the small details and wants to support an industry that makes a difference.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila and reporters around the world.
Our diverse global team includes 130 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time, and professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
You will have an opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an innovative culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
Why this position is great for you:
- You’ll get to learn about all the great things we cover, the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time
- Your work will support the foundation of the company by collecting and analyzing marketing and sales data
- You’ll help support Devex’s internal systems by maintaining and enforcing system and platform effectiveness and best practices
- You’ll be able to hone your skills on leading industry data platforms such as Marketo, Salesforce, and Tableau
- There’s no bureaucracy here. You’ll get to own your work with the support you need
- Want to get ahead? We’re filled with stories of people who joined Devex and moved up, and up, and up. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for from you.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Marketing & Sales Data Associate are…
- Manage administrative tasks for Salesforce and Marketo. Includes fielding day-to-day questions and troubleshooting platform issues
- Collect, track, and analyze Marketing and Sales data on an on-going AND project-related basis, including revenue and user behavior data
- Help create data visualizations using Tableau to tell the story of Devex products and services in order to support team objectives
- Maintain and enforce best practices for data integrity across systems
To fit well in this role you must be organized and analytical with strong problem-solving skills. You should be a strong communicator who knows how to leverage your analytical savvy to identify key insights and trends, summarize findings and formulate data-driven recommendations for our Membership team. Collaborating with and solving technical problems for stakeholders across the company is also a key responsibility for this role.
You also must have…
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business Administration, Marketing, etc.)
- 1-2 years experience working on data management
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Salesforce, Marketo, Google AdWords, Tableau
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills
- EU work authorization
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world.