At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Eats is looking for a strategic Marketing leader for the South Europe
region, based in Madrid. This role will be in charge of tailoring the
Uber Eats marketing strategy to the region, while prioritizing and
optimizing the key levers for growing our business.
This is a critical role as it interfaces between Uber Eats users and restaurant partners to cultivate the Uber Eats brand and build demand for the service. This role calls for a combination of strategic planning and analytics, business development, marketing, and leadership so you should love solving problems, thrive in a fast paced environment, have a deep understanding of the region, and above all be passionate about food.
As Marketing Lead for South Europe, you will oversee the dedicated Marketing team based across different locations in the region and lead initiatives that span 'eater' experience, brand, content, campaigns, conversion analytics, and business development.
What You’ll Do
- Defining Uber Eats’ marketing strategy - Identify and prioritize key audiences, competitive strategies, marketing campaigns and and ensure swift execution of the strategy.
- Storytelling and content - Own the Uber Eats story in the region, create compelling content for our users, and help drive more users into the funnel.
- Optimistic Leadership - Motivate, develop and inspire an enthusiastic, cross-country team to achieve remarkable results and drive real innovation.
- Planning and oversee the execution of effective acquisition and engagement campaigns initiatives, stunts - whatever it takes - across different countries and audiences.
- User focus - Know our ‘eaters’ inside and out. Deeply understand their habits and preferences. Have a pulse on city specific trends. Use these insights to grow demand for Uber Eats.
- Analysis - Quantify everything you do and promote a data-driven approach within the Marketing team. Utilize quantitative-based decision making to improve our marketing strategy. Prioritize initiatives based on highest return on investment.
- Playbooking - Document everything. The takeaways from Uber Eats today will pave the way for growth in markets around the world.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 8 years of experience in product marketing, consumer marketing or brand marketing in a rapidly changing and entrepreneurial environment. You know how to define and execute an effective Marketing Strategy.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing marketing teams.
- Experience working in the region covering key countries such as Spain, Italy and Portugal.
- Growth hacking - You know how to meticulously unpack the key levers for growing a business through keen analysis and scientific experimentation.
- A bias for data - You naturally take a scientific and highly analytical approach to everything you do. You have experience leading a data-driven marketing strategy using a wide range of available quantitative insights (surveys, focus groups, A/B testing, ad-hoc analysis…)
- Written communication - You have strong written communication skills, especially in the context of consumer marketing. You’ll define the tone of the Uber Eats communication and will be supervising the creation of user content.
- Detail orientation – You have high standards for everything you do, and dig into the details to assure that your team’s output consistently meets a high bar.
- An eye for design - You know what goes into a great photo, you can create beautiful print layouts, and you can’t wait to draw out the beauty in everyday dining experiences and use it to create a compelling story for our users.
- A foodie. We want people who are passionate about food and want to revolutionize the way great, quality food is delivered in their own city.
About the Team
We are scaling quickly across the region and you will play a key part in setting the Marketing vision and strategy for Uber Eats in South Europe. This is an awesome opportunity to be at the ground level of a rapidly growing product and be able to help further drive its growth.