Lingokids mission is to help 100 million families around the world raise amazing children through playlearning™. To help us on this mission, we’re looking for a well-rounded Data Analyst that will be joining us remotely or in HQ located in sunny Spain.
We’re the playlearning™ app for more than 20 million families around the world. We teach kids important skills in English and help them discover their natural superpowers. Creativity. Collaboration. Critical thinking. Communication. These are some of the skills that children need to thrive. Parents can join the adventure of learning too. We’ve developed more than 600 games and activities kids and parents can play together. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100 million families and we’re playworking™ hard to make it a reality… if you feel this dream could be your dream too, keep reading!
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
You will be part of a team that is responsible for improving business efficiency and unlocking valuable and predictive insights that influence business decisions and spur a competitive advantage.
We currently have an opening in the Marketing area that comprises traditional digital user acquisition, ATL channels (TV, magazines, newspaper, radio advertising, etc.) and Organic channels (PR, YT, Corp Web, Social Media, Partnerships, etc.) This is a fundamental role to us because, in order to continue scaling and offer the best service to the families that trust us, we need an autonomous fast-paced analytical individual who has a passion for going deep into data and for understanding our growth opportunities.
You will make your own cycle of data extraction, data analysis, generating insights, data visualization, making recommendations and communicating them to the team. At Lingokids Data Analysts work both reactively and proactively. On one hand, requests for analyses for specific features, campaigns or experiments in the form of dashboards or notebooks will come your way from key stakeholders (channel managers, business stakeholders, etc.) On the other hand, you will also proactively do your own analytical work, investigating where you think there is opportunity and value to be added. You are expected to contribute to the direction of the product and the company as a whole.
You will also get to work on:
- Generate relevant and clear insights from data. Identify and clearly articulate recommendations drawn from data analyses. The mother of all responsibilities for Data Analysts, you will transform raw data into actionable insights through analysis.
- Design and analyze campaigns to statistically measure their impact in user acquisition.
- Communicate your insights to technical and non-technical audiences and being able to guide non-technical stakeholders to transform their ideas/needs into the appropriate deliverables. You need excellent communication and people skills.
- Actively support Data Science with in-depth analyses previous to modelling, in order to understand better our data.
- Make clear, attainable, and consistent definitions for all things data: metrics, data schemas, KPIs, etc. You will make sure we are able to understand each other.
- Help setting achievable targets based on historical data and tendencies. Our planning is lightweight like other scale-ups but we do plan and for that we need concrete and reasonable goals.
- Implement statistical modelling (anova, regression models, factor analysis, PCA, clustering etc.) to find relationship between variables or impact analysis to understand root causes of changes in the data/user pattern.
Which tools will you use?
Those that get the job done, period. We use a fairly common tech stack:
- Amplitude and Looker for Data Analytics (your bread and butter)
- AWS Redshift for our data warehousing, dbt for ELTing and SQL for querying the data (your SQL needs to be very crisp and clean)
- python/R for deep dive analyses. Not mandatory but analyses sometimes require data wrangling that goes beyond SQL
- Notion for documentation and GitHub for version control
You should be familiar with most of those tools. However we are always open to adapt our ways to get the job done. The best idea/approach wins.
Are you our Marketing Data Analyst?
The ideal teammate for us would be someone with at least 3 years of experience in data analysis, ideally in a fast-paced startup environment. It's very important for this position that you have direct and previous experience in marketing campaign analysis. You should be very confortable measuring impact of different campaigns, comparing channels and approaches and dealing with certain amount of uncertainty.
We are looking for someone curious and enthusiastic about learning new methods to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.
If you are the ONE, we have a lot to offer...
We are not perfect, but we are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every Lingoer loves what they do. These are some of the things we offer you for being a Lingoer:
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- Flexible Hours & Remote working: We care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
- Diverse Environment: Gender balanced and multicultural team with 16+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Training: we support you to get better at your job with all the books, conferences, and training you need. Including language lessons at the office in ES, EN & PT
- Retreats & Social Gatherings: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
If any of this rings a bell, let’s chat!