We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that, since its creation in early 2015, has raised over $30M by world-class investors
in some of the most disruptive companies in tech industry including
Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero. Our team
is made up of A-players from the top companies in the online travel
industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market where over $1.25 trillion is spent each year. We grew 1200% in 2017, were named as the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#4 in the world) by SaaS1000, were featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired, and just concluded our 2nd round of funding ($21M) to help us scale.
We are looking for an experienced, dependable, hands-on, and well-rounded marketing copywriter, specialized in SaaS, to own the written word and help us tell the story across all our communication channels from the the product to the website and fuel our content marketing. You'll have the opportunity to shape how content contributes to the growth and positioning of TravelPerk.
We’ve found that some of the best copywriters prefer to take their chances with freelance gigs and one-off projects, but they waste a lot of time digging up clients and searching for jobs. In this full-time role here at our snazzy Barcelona office, you’ll be able to spend your day doing what you do best: writing fantastic copy that converts and resonates with real humans.
As the Copywriter on the marketing team, you will take ownership for writing, coordinating and editing our marketing content - website, campaign ads, collateral and content marketing assets such as eBooks, whitepapers and blog posts.
Are you passionate for writing
phenomenal content that makes an impact? Do you excel at consistently
telling a brand story across all communication channels? Are you willing
to manage our editorial calendar to help us be known as the best
corporate travel brand? If so, we need to talk!
What you will do:
- Create high-converting copy that resonates across our website, blog and social pages by writing a variety of direct-response copy, including: newsletters, email outreach, landing pages, webinars, web pages, and ads.
- Help us grow content into one of our primary user acquisition channels.
- Own all copy across product, marketing and sales material are consistent with our brand messaging and tone of voice.
- Develop editorial content - develop our blogs and build an online publication about the future of business travel.
- Own the public website content and update it regularly.
- Device email copies for lead nurturing drip campaigns, email marketing and customer communication.
- Create content assets for inbound lead generation: ebooks, white papers, infographics, video scripts, webinars etc.
- Manage editorial calendar - Develop and maintain the editorial pipeline .
- Tone of voice - Create and maintain the tone and voice guide for internal use at TravelPerk.
- UI copywriting - Write the user-facing content used in our product (SaaS) including the UI, interactive onboarding “walk through”, guided tours, emails, user messages, tutorials, guides, videos.
- Build compelling case studies - create rich media case studies, highlighting the successes of our users.
- Research and publish thought leadership posts on the blog on a regular basis.
What you will need to succeed in this role:
- Being a native English speaker is A MUST (you can write in American English).
- 3+ years’ experience working as a professional Copywriter, either in-house or at an agency, ideally within B2B SaaS.
- A demonstrated track record of creating phenomenal marketing content for tech startups - blogs, assets, landing pages etc.
- Proven experience creating a tone of voice.
- You have a great eye for design and information architecture (you will have to share your portfolio).
- You are a natural-born storyteller -> you are confident in your ability to tell compelling stories that sell.
- Creative -> You can hardly keep up with your own ideas for new content.
- Great communicator -> You can explain why you make the copy decisions that you do when collaborating with the rest of the team.
- Good listener -> You are able to listen and keep an open mind.
- Strong executioner -> You have a talent to simplifying complex concepts and can tell an accurate story concisely. You don't get easily overwhelmed or stuck in planning mode.
- You are very well organized, detailed and methodical -> You excel at taking a big idea and breaking it down into an actionable project, process, or tasks to execute on. You have great prioritization and focusing skills, and you believe in 80/20.
- You are Fast, adaptive, and Accountable -> You always fast to deliver to your best. You’ve owned an editorial line before and can come up with creative ways to hit tight deadlines without putting quality at risk.
- Proactive -> You don’t wait for opportunities to arise, you create them.
- Up to date -> You work tirelessly to stay ahead of the curve and understand new content tools.
- Resilient -> You have a strong character, perseverance, and grit, while you are humble and ready to give and get feedback understanding it as an opportunity to grow or help others do so.
- Team Player -> Whatever the problem, you are always part of the solution
- Inspired -> You are passionate and can inspire others.The idea of learning how to grow a company pumps you up, and are ready to roll up your sleeves to make that happen.
- Independent. You don't need hand holding to get things done.
- Comfortable working outside of the comfort zone if needed.
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, never play political games, and care more about the team’s successes than your own career gains.
- Focused and determined: You never let yourself get distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and will not get lost in the less important ideas that float around.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- A fun, fast-paced experience that will allow you to grow as a professional.
- Amazing company culture.
-This position requires you to be based in Barcelona. We can help with relocation
-English is the official language at the office.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Are you a Software Engineer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? We mainly work with Python/Django & React but we don't close any door to smart people who can bring value to our product.
Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and want to make an impact? If so, let’s talk!