Nextdoor is a rapidly growing social network based in San Francisco and backed by Silicon Valley’s leading investors. Our mission is to bring back a sense of community to the neighborhood, one of the most important communities in each of our lives.
Nextdoor is used by millions of members in over 220,000 neighborhoods worldwide. Since 2016, we have successfully launched Nextdoor in the Netherlands, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Australia.
We are looking for a high-energy, organized, passionate and competitive Marketing and Communications Lead to drive our marketing communications and PR strategy & implementation in Europe.
We’re looking for someone who has a proven track record of strong strategic communications and PR skills, executional excellence, and a keen understanding and appreciation of European local communities. Strategic thinking, operational excellence, oral and written communication proficiency is a must; ability to be self-starting, agile and nimble is required. Must be eager to learn about startup global communications and public relations.
You will be part of an international team of extremely motivated professionals based in Amsterdam.
This candidate should be detail-oriented, comfortable multitasking, and thrive in a busy, high paced, multi-faceted and high performing environment. If you have a proven track record for high-impact, growth-centered communications results, we’re looking for you.
- Create strategic communications framework and plans for all EMEA communications
- Lead strategic planning and outreach across Europe
- Support and coach our communications leads in UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the Nordics and the Netherlands - and new markets as we continue to grow throughout Europe
- Partner in lock step with head of International Comms, and collaborate closely with head of US Comms team, based out of Nextdoor HQ in SF
- Support international comm team’s social media effort across Europe
- Drive member growth and engagement through compelling PR programs and member communications
- Build strong relationships with consumer, business and tech press and stakeholders
- Craft and communicate authentic and compelling stories around neighbors meeting and helping each other, as well as Nextdoor’s momentum and impact
- Connect with Nextdoor members in key markets to mine for press-relevant stories
- Continuously improve our communications with our members and community leads
- Lead our regional positioning and messaging, provide cultural insights and conducting quick user research
- Forge partnerships that drive membership growth and engagement and grow our brand
- Identify and develop policy opportunities, establish relationships with key opinion formers
- Generating and adapting website, app, print, social media, and email content that reflects our brand positioning and communication objectives
- 10-14 years experience in strategic public relations and/or marketing roles
- College graduate who has completed a degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or an equivalent degree
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape, with existing media relations
- Deep interest and understanding of European media landscape including national/local news markets, key societal + media trends, community, and social media in key
- The spokesperson skills to ignite passion and serve as the company’s representative at events and with media
- User-focussed and community minded
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic design skills is a plus
- Social media proficient
- Ability to multitask and work well with team members in a fast-paced international environment
- Passion for Nextdoor’s mission and product
- Opportunity to work with a collaborative and entrepreneurial international team
- Invitation to align with a powerful mission to bringing neighbors and communities around the world together to create safer, stronger and happier neighborhoods, one neighborhood at a time
- Contribute to growth in the early scale-up stages and international expansion of a top tier San Francisco based tech company
- Work in the vibrant shared offices in the city center of Amsterdam and get inspired by other startups around us, join regular community events, listen to interesting guest speakers and enjoy excellent coffee