What does the future of conversational data collection look like? Voice? Holograms? Telepathy?
Whatever it is, we believe machine learning has a big part to play.
We’re looking for an expert engineer to join our Data and Analytics team. You’ll be harnessing data to make our product smarter—and drive our business forward—with machine learning.
Here’s Felipe, our Senior Data Scientist:
“Machine learning will be an integral part of Typeform. We’re looking for someone with experience who can take on new projects and help set a vision for AI.”
Do you know what makes a great data-driven application? Do you love solving technical problems? Are you empathetic, humble, and collaborative?
Then scroll on.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Work with product owners and cross-functional teams to create intelligent product features and build value for our users.
- Improve existing applications with new learning algorithms, alternative feature transformations, feature selection techniques, improved evaluation metrics, and increased model diversity—while keeping code standards.
- Develop the lifecycle of the machine learning pipeline in distributed and not distributed environments.
- Take full ownership of new projects.
- Identify problems that could be tackled using machine learning.
Here’s what we’re looking out for:
- You’ve got 2+ years of application development and implementation experience (Scala/Java and Python).
- You’ve got 2 + years experience in machine learning pipelines and data-driven products.
- You’ve implemented ML algorithms (use of libraries alone isn’t enough!)
- You’re always willing to learn something new and have a healthy debate.
- You’re empathetic and want to work in a collaborative, team-driven environment.
- You’ve productionalized distributed machine learning algorithms (mostly using Spark in a cloud service).
- You’ve prototyped with light feedback loops.
- You’ve got experience with GitHub, continuous integration tools like Travis, and Docker.
- You’ve got knowledge in one of these areas: Semi-supervised learning, reinforcement learning, recommendations, DNN, or generative models.
- You’re fluent in English and eager to work in a multicultural, international environment.
You gain extra points if:
- You’ve worked with Amazon Web Services.
- You’ve got a Master or PhD in Statistics, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science/Machine Learning, or another highly-quantitative field.