Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 1000 staff across 10 offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 100m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
Our Localisation team is responsible for all translation and localisation needs at Skyscanner. They are all localisation evangelists who thrive on the complex linguistic and localisation challenges associated with delivering products to travellers across so many countries. They advocate for the importance of localisation and support multiple internal teams, from software engineers and product managers to copywriters and UX designers, to ensure we get it right now and into the future. They build solid and productive relationships with external language providers who provide translation capabilities whilst the team focus on ensuring high-quality, localisation ready English content.
- Manages ongoing localisation tasks from various internal Stakeholders (Legal, Marketing, Product, etc.)
- Responsible for handling localisation bugs and queries
- Promotes localisation best practices among stakeholders
- Communicates with external translations providers and ensures delivery on time and within agreed standards
- Supports Project Managers in complex localisation projects
- Develops understanding of internal stakeholders and their localisation needs and how localisation impacts our travellers and products
- Knowledge of software localisation and internationalisation best practices, with an understanding of linguistics and localisation challenges
- Experience working with remote teams and across various disciplines (Designers, Software Engineers, Writers, etc.)
- Experience processing localisation requests within an enterprise localisation team (desirable)
- Experience working with external vendors or pool of freelance linguists
Interested in the day to day lives of our Localisation team? Read more here: https://medium.com/@Skyscanner/but-do-you-speak-our-language-c38452df8738
- - ‘Skyscanner University’ offers a range of courses for tech and business topics.
- - At Skyscanner there’s no clocking in and there’s no bell at the end of the day, they prefer to give you the freedom and autonomy to do your job, add value and own your work.
- - Better than average annual leave in all office locations.
- - There’s enhanced maternity and paternity leave and a flexible working policy to encourage and enable a healthy work-life balance.