We are looking for a skilled Linux Systems Administrator with at least 4 years working experience to join our growing engineering team in Barcelona (HQ). As a member of the Adsmurai’s Platform team you will redesign, build, maintain and monitor the infrastructure on which our multiple services are running, including networking, storage, databases, DNS and applications servers. Also, you will create high available systems with proper backups to support all the engineering teams.
Your work will be within the Platform Team’s scope, which sits at the cornerstone of all other technology teams. You should expect continuous collaboration with the development teams at Adsmurai, providing them tools and advice that can improve the quality of their work. Our teams have full ownership on the products, features and technical stacks and therefore you should be willing to take the responsibility that goes with it.
- At least 4 years working in a full-time position as a Systems Administrator.
- Experience with configuration management software, preferably with Ansible, like Puppet, Chef, Terraform.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and CISCO firewall.
- Experience with Docker.
- Extensive experience programming in bash and at least one of the following languages (Python, Perl and Ruby).
- Familiar with automated build pipelines to achieve continuous integration/deployment.
- Excellent knowledge in good security practices, including network security, system hardening and secure software.
- Know how the web works and are familiar with REST API design and HTTP fundamentals.
- You have troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing low-level OS issues to large-scale failures within distributed systems.
- Worked with highly scalable distributed systems, consisting of multiple microservices, deployed to dozens of nodes.
- Are continuously learning new things by reading, building hobby projects or testing new technologies on the job. You also enjoy teaching others around you.
- We will make you feel like at home on one of the best offices in central Barcelona (Passeig de Gracia) with rooftop, terrace and barbecue.
- Friendly and flexible working environment.
- Regular fun team activities.
- Two incredible off-sites each year.
- Pick your HW choice.
- Take full ownership of your developments.
- We foster and are actively involved in internal and external training.
- Free cookies, coffee, beer, kit-kat and fresh fruit.
- Permanent contract.
- Flexible compensation plan (transport, restaurant, nursery vouchers).
Position is based in Barcelona, Spain*Work remotely is not allowed, and you must get a VISA to work in Spain