Founded in 2014, Aircall is now one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of its kind!
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B Phone industry!
We are a cloud based phone solution with no hardware and 100% integrated.
With over 600 000 calls per day we focus on user experience, collaboration and integration with other softwares.
Based in Paris, New York & Sydney, we just recently open our Madrid office and we now are looking for an engaged and passionate Lead Software Engineer ready to innovate and make an impact for the better.
***This position is open to candidates with full working rights willing to relocate to Madrid***
As our Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, deployment, and operation of business-critical features that add customer value on top of Voice.
Best practices, evangelization, and mentoring in your team and across the whole of Engineering will be part of your day to day job.
Your mission @ Aircall
- Break large projects down into smaller parts for teams to execute
- Work with Product Manager for prioritizing tasks with respect to implementation efficiency
- Work with PMs to coordinate kickoffs, brainstorming, feature specifications and prototyping between designers and engineers to facilitate better collaboration and product development
- Promote a Devops mindset and ensure our teams are always architecting and building towards quality, continuous iteration and experimentation, and speed of launching to production
- Ensure scrum ceremonies involve relevant stakeholders (especially from other Engineering areas and Product Management) and the team take actions after each ritual to improve its delivery
- Remove roadblocks for other engineers on team, to allow them to work most effectivelyTeach and mentor engineers in technical and non-technical growth and learning, setting up goals and monitoring their performance
- Ensure code/design/architecture/knowledge sharing reviews happen on teams in a timely manner and that work follows established best practices and standards
- Coordinate with Engineering Leadership (meaning managers, Directors, CTO) to roll out big engineering initiatives, as well as whenever cross-team work is necessary
- Represent Engineering in high-level product discussions, updates, and meetings around the company
- Be active in the technology community, positively contribute to Aircall’s reputation, and find great candidates to grow the team
A little about you:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- 6+ years experience in Software development, including minimum 2 years in similar technical lead positions
- Customer focus and business understanding
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical, ownership and people management skills
- Strong in project management, critical thinking, problem-solving and prioritization
- A track record of successfully leading, delivering, and evolving large technical projects.
- Achieving results, solving difficult technical challenges and anticipating technical problems ahead of time
- The ability and proven desire to successfully collaborate and communicate across teams to drive technical projects to completion balancing goals between tech and product
- Success with mentoring, teaching, sponsoring, coaching, and collaborating with engineers
- Skills to actively participate in technical candidate selection processes
- Passionate about new technologies and able to bring innovative ideas
- Previous experience in project and delivery management within an agile organization with a DevOps culture, and familiarized with the usage of tools oriented to agile development
- Software development background with experience in frontend & backend, as well as cloud computing, with a mind towards end user and the overall user experience
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
🚀 Key moment to join Aircall in term of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Aircall
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 30+ Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
🌞 Sunny offices in Madrid
💶 Competitive salary package & benefits (health coverage, sports, lunch allowance)
Aircall is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome qualified applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Members of communities historically underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.