- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Master's, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Manage technical team.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Preparation of technical requirements and software design specifications.
- Create new feature and performance improvements
- Manage multiple projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
- Manage resources to maximize value creation for the company.
About the job
Fivent is a start-up company that has set its
aim high. We are building a financial institution that offers its
customer the products and services that can help them strengthen their
finances. At Fivent we believe that the way people manage their personal
finances must be aligned with their life philosophy so that they can
make informed choices that maximize the changes of living fulfilling
Fivent's software engineers will develop the next-generation technologies that will change how thousands, if not millions, of users spend, save, and invest their hard-earned money. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, in an efficient and secure way. We're looking for an engineer who brings fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As the lead software engineer, you will be responsible for developing our core products, testing them, and contributing to their technical and commercial success. You will also be responsible to recruit, manage, develop, and retain the core technical team. We need our leader of engineering to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push financial technology forward.