At New Relic, we provide our customers with instant and deep insight into their application’s behavior and performance. With our SaaS-based application performance monitoring (APM) solution, we have our customer’s backs by transparently instrumenting their application and reporting issues, often before the customer knows that there is a problem. We give our customers as much information as possible to help them tune their site’s reliability and performance.
At New Relic, you will work with some of the best engineers and tackle some of the most complex problems in the industry. As a member of our Barcelona team, you will help shape and grow our European development center. We’re a fast growing software company that cares about our culture. We value work/life balance, personal respect, code ownership by engineers, and experimentation. If all this sounds like your dream job, read on!
- Build a new collection of connectors to major cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure and Google Cloud Platform to enable industry-leading monitoring of services and applications deployed in the cloud. Large-scale, high availability and the evolution of a complex data fetching architecture will be key aspects of your daily job.
- Ensure architectural direction with a high degree of innovation and creativity.
- Create sweeping improvements in stability, performance, and scalability across major business-critical systems.
- Be an evangelist and mentor for best practices among engineers inside and outside the team.
Skills and experience:
- You’re passionate about the whole stack that a complex modern application requires.
- You have a high level of expertise developing, shipping and maintaining high throughput Java services.
- You’re very comfortable working with REST APIs (deep understanding of HTTP, pagination, request retrial, …).
- You’re familiar with asynchronous programming techniques: streams, event-based flows, task queues, message queues.
- You’re well versed in common distributed systems patterns like backpressure, circuit breaks or bulkheads.
- You’re very interested in learning new languages, platforms, and ideas.
- You understand the value that build and test automation brings to a development team's efficiency and reliability and are passionate about applying these techniques to your projects.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools, and methodologies.
- You have a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to shared code ownership.
- You are a team player.
- You speak fluent English.
- A plus for being an Open source contributor and/or Spanish speaking.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- An amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture to keep you healthy and comfy.
- A variety of snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a “culture add” to New Relic and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
A little about us:
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic’s cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup.
This is a unique opportunity to work at a startup within a NYSE company where the entire office fits around the lunch table. We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
Very interested but not sure if you’re the right fit? Don’t be shy, click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, individuals with disabilities, age, sexual orientation, protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
About New Relic