Lead Software Engineer, AutoCAD, C#, .NET
Enabling Seamless Solar Design from Concept to Construction
Location: Downtown Oakland, CA & Remote
PVComplete is a fast growing solar software startup based in downtown Oakland, California. Our design and engineering platform is comprised of PVCAD (a solar extension for AutoCAD), PVSketch (a solar design web application) and several microservices. These products work together to automate the conversion between sales and engineering, allowing solar companies to design and plan solar projects faster and more accurately.
Our customers are solar companies around the world who use the PVComplete software platform to design solar projects from residential homes to large scale solar farms. At PVComplete we are passionate about solar energy and seek team members who share our goal to change the way the world's energy is produced through innovative software solutions.
Building upon the success of our current products, PVCAD and PVSketch, we are increasing our technical team to help realize new, complex features in our software platform. The implementation of these features will include regular communication with mechanical engineers, data scientists, software engineers, and other team members. Consequently, we seek software engineers who are excited about solar energy and related engineering concepts, and are comfortable shipping production ready code.
As Lead Software Engineer, you will implement and take ownership of new features realized in the PVCAD AutoCAD extension. Working closely with the CTO (who is also an active software engineer), you will partake in daily meetings and help communicate timelines and technical challenges to the rest of the team as they pertain to current project scopes. Your primary code contribution will come in the form of C# using .NET and AutoCAD. You should be comfortable creating layout tools and manipulating coordinate systems, as well as interacting with APIs. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to our AWS microservices written in a range of languages and using various cloud technologies/services.
Our team is made up of inspired, multidisciplinary industry veterans and researchers. The problems that we tackle are complex, and we work together closely to pool our expertise and generate innovation solutions. If you are looking for an opportunity to both contribute your technical knowledge and learn from your colleagues and be part of the climate solution in the process, this role is for you.
● BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
● 5+ years professional experience developing and delivering commercial software
● Expert level skill in C#, with experience in other modern programming languages
● Knowledge of object oriented programming best practices and the ability to realize them in C#/.NET
● Deep understanding of software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
● Experience writing plugins/extensions for AutoCAD
● Comfortable consuming REST APIs from C#/.NET
● Experience with professional software engineering tools, best practices, and the full software development life cycle
● Passionate about renewable energy technology and solutions to climate change
● Equity Compensation Plan
● Flexible working hours
● Open Vacation Policy
● New computer and workstation budget
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, and we offer employee benefits and stock options.
If you are interested in joining us, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.