Lead Developers act as the primary point of contact for our clients, ensuring that teams are successful in their delivery. In this role, you will bring a strategic mindset to projects and spend time negotiating with clients to bring a technical vision to life. Having a balance of high-level and tactical mindsets is a must, as you will spend time both with clients and your teammates.
- You will oversee or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will design solutions and choose technologies that solve clients' problems while staying within constraints
- You will use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences and create meaningful change for a variety of clients
- Utilize the latest technology thinking from our Technology Radar in your work
- Apply a variety of languages to your work and continue to code alongside Developers; you will never go post-technical in this role
- You have led software development teams using Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as TDD, continuous integration, pairing and infrastructure automation
- We would love it if you're up to speed on functional programming paradigms and languages like Clojure, Scala, etc.
- Bonus points if you have knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Docker or Kubernetes
- You have experience influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- The ability to develop and execute a technical vision with a focus on business value
- You will act as a mentor for less experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and ability to inspire a team to deliver extraordinary impact together
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
If you have most but not all of the skills we ask for, don’t worry! You don't have to check all the boxes. Feel free to apply!
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
What we offer:
- Enjoy a flexible benefits budget (restaurants/ public transport/ nursery/health insurance)💳
- Keep growing thanks to Learning budget 📚
- Enjoy 2 days extra days off per year for learning🌱
- Learn thanks to unlimited Business Udemy access 👩🏫
- Brush up your English, Spanish, Catalan thanks to free online classes📘
- Take care of your mental well-being thanks to ifeel app 🧘🏿♀️
- Get a work from home budget 💰
- Team outing budget 🎡
- Business trips will be stress free thanks to travel insurance 🎒
- Enjoy working in an international, diverse and inclusive environment 🌎
- Get help with visa and relocation 🛄