At Kantox, we are looking for a talented Software Engineer to grow our testing efforts and help us in the successful delivery of innovative FX solutions. You will be part of Engineering as a quality advocate
The Kantox Engineering Manifesto
Kantox is a team sport. Our engineering culture is devoid of egos yet we take great pride in our work. We believe in constructively challenging each other pushing our knowledge, code, processes to the absolute limit.
Our processes are based around continual self improvement, continuous code integration and deployment.
About the team
Although the whole Tech Department is responsible for the quality and reliability of the platform, from the QA Team we aim to make our contributions at different stages of the development. For example, we help Product Owners to produce product requirements that can lead to a meaningful feature. We also assist developers to write thorough automatic tests to cover all possible scenarios. Additionally, we can write tests and run E2E and integration tests while constantly keeping an eye on details.
Your mission within Kantox
- Collaborate with Product and Development teams to clarify feature requirements/user stories before development begins
- Work closely with Developers to ensure requirements/user stories have adequate automated test coverage (back-end, frontend and API)
- Carry out exploratory testing to uncover hard to find bugs not discovered by automated tests
- Brainstorm and communicate test ideas, identify quality risks and help the team become better at testing
- Mentor other engineers on good test practices and methodologies.
Who you are
- You are creative and passionate about testing
- You are both technical and product oriented
- You are eager to learn, develop skills and knowledge
- You have a solid understanding of object oriented programming and clean code practices
- You have prior experience as a developer (any language). We use Ruby, Elixir and Java.
- You have experience with infrastructure
- You have experience in fintechs (not banks)
- You have experience in a leadership position
- You can use the Unix command line
- You have experience in automation frameworks (RSpec, TestNG, Selenium, Webdriver, Capybara)
- You are capable of writing tests yourself
- You are familiar with version control systems (Git and Github)
- You have excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree on Computer Science or related field
- You have at least 5 years experience as QA
- You are fluent in English
It would be great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience in the financial industry (Fintech)
- Hands-on experience with virtualization and infrastructure tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, AWS) and Continuous Integration infrastructure (Jenkins or similar)
- You also speak some other language (Spanish or French)
- An environment of innovation, accountability, and constructive feedback
- A diverse and multicultural team of over 40 different nationalities
- Grow your role and build your career with our learning and development opportunities.
- A collaborative and inclusive culture of sharing and teamwork. Build connections for life.
- Hybrid working and flexible hours so you can work when and where you feel best
- Some testimonials: “The culture and the people at Kantox make me want to recommend Kantox as a place to work. There is a good balance between learning and growing and support from fellow team members. I feel like the people are very welcoming and make Kantox an easy place to feel at home."
What we offer:
- We can sponsor visa processes to Spain for this position
- Sponsored learning budget
- Free private health insurance
- Free Spanish, English and French lessons
- Relocation package if needed
- Flexible working hours with an intensive Friday schedule
- Hybrid work model, at least one day at the office
- 29 days of annual vacations
- Gym discounts and free sports activities
- Restaurant Ticket with monthly credit and regular cross-team lunches
- Fresh fruit and unlimited coffee
- Pizza Fridays
- Beautiful office with incredible 360-degree views of Barcelona
Kantox is a leading fintech company developing sophisticated Currency Management Automation software solutions that help companies to automate their foreign exchange processes and leverage currencies for growth.
We are a 160-person strong team, split between London and Barcelona. So far, we’ve raised over €30 million and became profitable in 2018. Thanks to our clients, we continue to grow at a fast pace. Clients in 75 countries have already exchanged more than USD $18 billion with us!
In October 2022, BNP Paribas signed an agreement for the acquisition of Kantox. Kantox will continue to operate as an independent company, now with the experience and market power of BNP Paribas behind it. The acquisition is subject to regulatory approvals and is expected to be completed in the coming months.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Kantox is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Kantox employee.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, or belief (if any), color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, age, marital and civil partnership status, or disability status.