About your role
Sightcorp is looking for a Lead Deep Learning engineer. If you are already living in the Netherlands, come and join our team, building best-in- class solutions for all-around face and video analytics!
What you will do
You will lead the in-house research and development team and actively cooperate with the research group at the University of Amsterdam. Main tasks include developing machine learning algorithms and deep neural networks for video analytics applications for smart environments (retail, automotive, robotics, smart homes) and solving problems to improve speed, accuracy, power-consumption and latency of deep networks.
- Define and manage execution of the R&D department’s business strategy including target definitions, growth areas and business plans.
- Contribute to the strategy and roadmap, and align globally to ensure implementation and execution.
- Researching new technologies and implementing code for commercial deployment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key universities and institutes to expand technology portfolio.
- A confident and experienced team leader with a can-do attitude and strong attention to detail. Somebody who loves working as part of a team and is always happy to help others.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience or program/project management engagement leading teams in R&D environment
- Experience in using agile methods, and setting up state of the art test driven development environments.
- Excellent Python, C++ and object-oriented programming skills
- Experience in deep networks (mainly CNN)
- Experience using TensorFlow
- Experience implementing deep-learning algorithms in a high-level languages/packages (e.g. Python, C++, MATLAB)
- Excellent understanding of machine learning algorithms & principles, and numerical optimization
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms on embedded platforms.
- Strong background in software development, incl. testing and debugging on embedded systems (Linux, Android, or similar) or server experience
- Highly motivated and driven business professional with great communication skills – being able to explain complex models to all types of business partners
- English language (both written and verbally mandatory)
- Experience with classification and regression algorithms (e.g. SVM, MLP).
- Experience using machine learning toolboxes (e.g. Caffe, PyTorch).
- Performance optimizations, efficient implementations, and safety critical software.
- Experience in processing sensor and camera data (2D and 3D)
- Experience in working with optimization on GPUs and applying multi-threading.
- Experience in QT, building tools, unit test frameworks, and static analysis tools.
Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in AI, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
At Sightcorp, we love innovation! Our technology is revolutionizing the way businesses all over the world interact and engage with customers. We offer an international and active global customers base, working from Amsterdam Science Park, with high-quality products and a dedicated and young team. We work hard – not because we have to, but because we are passionate about what we do. We never stop learning and always take new risks to solve challenging problems. Working with us gives you the opportunity to shape and fine-tune the technologies and to make an impact on the success of the company.
Are you interested in the position and do you have the required skills and experience?
Let us know immediately!
When applying for this position, only English CV’s as PDF will be considered and only successful applicants will be notified. Due to the large number of applications that we receive on a daily basis, we can only respond to the applications that match our requirements.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!