Madbox is a mobile gaming company, creating and publishing its own games worldwide. After a year of existence, Madbox has gathered more than 100 million players, still growing. We are looking for top talents with mad skills, a mad passion and a mad ambition to join us.
As we are developing more and more games in shorter periods of time, our production team needs help to ensure games’ quality. Quality is core to the experience we want to deliver to our players, and we want to make sure all of our productions are carefully tested and polished.
As Lead Quality Assurance Tester, you will have a central role in this process. You will be in charge of organizing and doing game testing, bug recording and follow ups in order to boost the games quality. You will also be managing other QA testers and be in charge of setting up their roadmap. By centralizing information, you will have a key role in helping the producers in assessing projects' health and progress. The short and parallel development cycles at Madbox will lead you to often jump from one game to another which will require adaptation and organization skills. As everyone is deeply involved in the game making process, you might also have to set up playtesting sessions and install games on devices for the team to try out.
What will you do ?
- Organize the QA workflow
- Manage other QA testers (1 currently)
- Test games and record issues in a database
- Follow-up on bugs to ensure their status are updated
- Take part into the prioritization process
- Communicate with the production team and the producers to help drive the quality effort
- Setup play testing sessions (installation on smartphones, taking notes…)
- Sense of quality in gaming
- Rigorous organization skills
- Great communication skills
- Great understanding of the mobile gaming industry (especially ultra-casual games)
- Experience in a Quality Assurance department
Nice to have
- Knowledge about automation mechanisms
- Knowledge or experience in programming / Unity
The Madbox Mindset
- True passion for making beautiful games
- Ability to question ourselves and self-reflect on our achievements and successes/failures
- High level of intensity and everything we do to reach our ambitions
- Mixing both candor and care in order to constantly share constructive feedback
Madbox is a fast-growing mobile game company based in Paris and Barcelona, creating and publishing its own games. The story of Madbox started when two video game studios fell in love with each other during the summer 2018.
A few months after the beginning of this promance, Madbox first in-house titles hit the top charts of the App Store and Google Play Store worldwide, ranking in #1 positions in more than 100 countries. After just a year of existence, Madbox has gathered more than 100 million players, still growing fast. To fuel this creative and operations growth, Madbox develops cutting-edge automation systems internally to shorten production times and drive accurately its performance at large scale.