Building better chatbots requires different thinking. It's not just about the tech, it's about understanding what keeps users engaged in a dialogue. We've got a founder with a sociology degree (who is also an experienced UX and service designer), a CTO with a PhD in cognitive science and all manner of other interests, backgrounds and expertise in hard and soft sciences to influence our approach and culture.
We're not looking to invent new data sciences, we're looking to build software that applies data sciences to real human problems and solve the puzzles of engaging humans in conversation, keeping them in conversation and resolving their queries.
As a lead backend developer, you will oversee all the microservices on our backend stack. Whether it’s architecting a solution to a new feature or designing or advocating for the use of a new technology, you will have the autonomy necessary to deliver high-quality technical solutions. Your well-tested and maintainable solutions will help drive solid engineering practices within the development team and company.
Besides an open mind and a passion to explore ideas (no matter how
absurd they sound), here are some of the things we are looking for:
• Strong Python knowledge
• Knowledge of what it takes to build cohesive, end-to-end features
• Communication and listening skills, in business, technical, and organisational domains
• Understanding and experience of collaborative development within a micro-service oriented environment
• Experience developing solutions across several different services and systems
• Desire to mentor and coach less experienced developers
• Motivation to contribute to the long-term vision and approach of Twyla’s backend development principles
• Take pride in building simple and accessible solutions no matter the complexity of the problems
A well-functioning team is important, and we strongly believe that diversity is one of the most important pieces to this. There is great opportunity in the work that we do, and we welcome anyone willing to challenge themselves and contribute.
Company Benefits & Culture----
We preach a relaxed culture but we’re all ambitious people, both for ourselves and for our work. We’ve set out with a blank canvas and we bring to our work a lot of experience working in different backgrounds, and with a real drive to do things better with Twyla.
In addition to that we boast:
• A great, diverse group of people from different disciplines
• Sponsorship of personal development initiatives, like courses (doesn’t even have to be relating to your job)
• Amazing offices in the hub:raum building with access to a gym, table tennis, and two kitchens
• All the coffee and club mate you can drink (and beers available when needed)
• Standard German full-time employment benefits of health insurance, vacation, and parental leave
One more note----
As a member of the Twyla team, you'll be entrusted with the opportunity to own tasks and see them through to completion. We code mostly in Python, but we care more about finding the right tool for the job than the tool itself--think pragmatic instead of dogmatic. At Twyla, you will have the opportunity to broaden your career development into areas of machine learning, natural language processing, and other aspects of our stack.
If you think we match we’d love to get to know you! Get in touch with us.