We’re the Operating System for the Music Industry – a platform that pumps up the jam of every play.
We connect all players of the industry to amplify the value of music. Driven by machine learning and copyright expertise, our system pumps neutral data and authoritative knowledge to everyone along the chain. For those who make or use music, we allow them to plug in to our O.S. to ease operations, increase earnings, and get in sync with everyone else.
Who the FAQ are BMAT
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. We’re now over 160 people, spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janeiro, London, Paris, Nairobi, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Singapore, Tokyo, Manila, Bangkok and Lagos.
We’re a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for innovative technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination.
Join us from wherever you are on our mission to help make music live forever.
We say there’s a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately). Our way of being is always sprinkled with transparency, perseverance, flexibility, open-mindedness and trustworthiness.
What you'll be doing
BMAT is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Television and Audiovisuals team. You will help guide the design, development, and strategy of one of our fastest growing products, partnering closely with our engineers, client and project managers, UX designers, and business stakeholders.
Our SaaS platform enables Broadcasters and Production companies to automate their music reporting to the collective management organisations.
You will own the product vision and drive the development and operations of our services, from roadmap to implementation, from requirements to backlog and release of features. You will work closely with international clients, business and operations teams to understand their needs and transform them into an agile development roadmap.
We're looking for someone with a proven track record owning data-intensive products in agile B2B environments. Previous experience in the media or music industries is a plus. A strong belief that music can save the world is a must.
- Own the product strategy, translating this strategy into a clear product roadmap, working closely to all key stakeholders, both from the business and other operational and technical teams.
- Engage directly with key international customers to understand, prioritize and translate customer needs and identified opportunities into ideas for product development.
- Maintain a prioritized feature backlog based on customer needs, business value and technical rationale, aligned with the business strategy and resource capacity.
- Ensure seamless execution of product-related initiatives and new projects against the plan, anticipating staffing needs and risks, and working in collaboration with client managers and technical teams.
- Continuously seek improvements to the customer experience working together with developers, designers, client manager teams.
- Build a strong technical knowledge base of the product. Communicate new releases and product improvements to all stakeholders.
- Perform product demos to customers and engage directly with key clients on sales opportunities, participate on tenders and proposals conceptualization.
All About You
- 5+ years of proven experience in B2B Product Management (SaaS) in fast, high-growth environments
- Degree in Computer Science, Telecom or related disciplines
- Strong project management skills with a solid track record of execution and results. Able to demonstrate commercial acumen
- Self-starter, creative, results-driven and with an entrepreneurial soul.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence across many disciplines and cross-functional teams
- Hands-on approach: you are able to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and synthesis skills (verbal and written)
- Strong technical background (SQL, able to read code, understand code logic)
- You love taking action and have an allergy to bureaucracy
- You enjoy working at a fast pace in challenging environments
- You are a genuinely nice person (we mean that)
You Can Enjoy
- Flexible working hours and location
- Flat hierarchy
- You can make the role your own and run your own development
- Online language classes to improve your Spanish, Catalan or English
- Online and onsite courses and music industry workshops run by inhouse experts
- We’ll provide you with all equipment needed for you to be comfortable
- Unlimited time off because we believe that you know best when you need to rest.
- Barcelona HQ office available to you, kitted out with a rehearsal room https://www.bmat.com/bmat-house/
Diverse perspectives drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.
50 - 200
We're a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-travelled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination.