Popsa is an e-Commerce startup that uses data science to automatically create personalised products such as photobooks, calendars, and boxes of prints.
Our iOS app is live in 10 languages and we ship to 38 countries around the world. A redesigned version of this app and the very first version of our Android app are due to be released this Summer.
We are already generating sizeable revenues and we grew by 60% month-on-month in 2017. France is our biggest market, followed by the UK, Italy and Germany.
In March 2018 we announced a significant fund raise from some of the best investors in the world, including Silicon Valley accelerator 500 Startups, famous brand experts The Garage Soho, Pembroke (investor into Five Guys and Heist), and Octopus (by far the largest investor in Europe).
Our goal is to generate beautiful records of your experiences and personal photo-diaries entirely in the background - selecting the best of your content via machine learning algorithms before programmatically designing appropriate compositions.
We're calling it a subscription service to your memories; your best photos carefully curated and lovingly presented, printed and shipped to you each month - all without lifting a finger.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become Popsa's chief designer and head up a new department at a design-led company.
We believe that design can't simply be separated out into isolated strands such as UI and UX. The best designers instinctively amalgamate ease-of-use with aesthetics whilst keeping in mind the commercial goals.
One of our core areas of focus for the next year is to review our products and develop new designs to show the maximum value within a user's first 5 minutes of using our apps.
This will require collaboration with engineers, marketers and our in-house data scientists to create a stunning on-boarding sequence to practically demonstrate why so many Popsa customers keep coming back.
There is also the exciting challenge of designing to take advantage of AI. We'll need to come up with innovative and un-intrusive ways of encouraging the user to help train our models, and in return we'll curate their photo library and craft it into useful collections of their memories.
The successful candidate will be given great power and responsibility over the future direction of our products and will thus sit at the core of the business.
• Designing individual features as well as entire user journeys for our mobile apps.
• Continuously reviewing end-to-end user experience across our advert creative, apps, and CRM through to receipt of our printed products; all with the aim of increasing customer satisfaction leading to optimisation of conversion and retention metrics.
• Designing artwork that will be printed on our physical products that hundreds of thousands of people will have in their homes for years to come. Some of these will likely outlive us!
• Designing creative for use in our marketing activities such as digital adverts and CRM emails.
• Working with the likes of Sir John Hegarty (a Popsa investor) to develop a new Popsa brand and visual identity. We're aiming for something bold and modern that consistently communicates our values to a wide audience as we make progress on our mission to become a household name.
• Leading the entire Popsa team in design thinking; making sure it permeates throughout the company; from engineering to customer support. You'll also play a crucial part in helping to expand the design department as we grow.
• You'll report directly to the CEO and if you show excellence during your first year you will have the opportunity to join the senior management team as Head of Product.
Read more about Design at Popsa:
Read the full Job Spec here: