Join us as the Lead Product Designer for our Design System team, One Core. You'll be part of a dedicated team of designers and developers working across multiple product teams to deliver a phenomenal developer and designer experience that helps the team to extend the New Relic platform. You should be excited about design systems, developer experience, workflows, and design quality!
Play a meaningful role in leading the direction of our internal design system and collaborating with different teams and crafts to increase its impact based on user input. You'll play an instrumental role in shaping the way that developers and admins experience New Relic and be a key part of a global community of designers, researchers, and writers.
If you are a system-thinker, a data enthusiast, and a passionate user-advocate like us, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Lead the design system vision by concepts and specifying interfaces, interactions, and overall experiences via mockups, diagrams, and prototypes
- Collaborate closely with engineers, product managers, and designers to assess needs, concepts, and deliver quality experiences
- Build and drive principled design standards for an evolving design system
- Work in the discovery and development of designs to ensure high-quality execution and internal adoption of the design system
- Champion a developer-centric experience via the gathering of user research and analytics insights to ensure developer needs are met with consideration of the developer tools and observability space
- Apply both big-picture design thinking and attention to detail to complex technical issues in a fast-paced environment
- Support the execution of the UX vision and be a contributor to the larger design community, setting high standards and driving best-practices
- 7+ years of related experience, ideally in enterprise software, developer tools, or SaaS B2C or B2B products
- 2+ years working or contributing to enterprise design systems, growing their adoption
- Adept at working in an agile, fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work
- Test-and-learn know-how to measure and refine designs based on user and market data
- Strong attention to detail
- Portfolio showcasing your best work
- Extensive knowledge of design tools like Figma
- Experience working with global teams distributed across different time zones
- Good designer's eye and know-how: high-bar for quality aesthetics, engaging interactions and accessibility
- Strong communication, collaboration, and presentation abilities (English-language)
- An advanced degree in Design, HCI, or a related field
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure and experience with related platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience conducting ethnographic and usability research
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.