Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to disrupt the way tech education works!
Doesn’t it seem odd that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution? Virtually all industries are pushing the limits on how to do things faster, better, and more efficiently. Yet, for the most part, people feel stuck on a 4+ year (and usually quite expensive) path that often results in an unfulfilling career path.
We empower students to create a new path - one that leads to meaningful careers in software development, product design or data analytics in a fraction of the time and cost of traditional education.
Our higher purpose is to transform the education space to be unapologetically outcomes-driven. Whether students are looking to change careers, get a promotion, skip University, or start their own company, we work tirelessly every day to make sure this path is as quick, immersive, and accessible as possible. Hearing these success stories is what gets us out of bed each day, excited to come to work :)
It’s with this mindset that we’ve become one of the key global players in bridging the digital skills gap, serving both those looking to get into tech, as well as the companies hungry for tech talent.
● Founded in 2013 by Wharton and Harvard grads
● Operations in Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Mexico City, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo and Berlin
● 100% YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!)
● Graduated over 6500 students
● 100+ global team members
● Venture capital backed
#About the gig
We are looking for a Lead Instructor for our Java Web Development Bootcamp who is passionate about coding, but also passionate about sharing their knowledge with the next generation of developers. The Lead Instructor is someone who has a deep understanding of programming and good development practices gathered from their educational journey and real-world experience.
- Overseeing the whole academic experience of an Ironhack bootcamp (from day one to graduation)
- Teaching remotely Tuesdays and Thursdays (18:30 to 21:30 CET), and Saturdays (10:00 to 17:00 CET)
- Creating engaging content for our Web Development courses that may include lessons, exercises and/or mini-projects
- Managing Teaching Assistants (TA)
#Is this you? (Requirements)
- Technologies & skills with professional experience:
- Understanding of computer programming principles.
- Follow Engineering best practices to solve problems.
- Strong Java knowledge
- Web Design (HTML / CSS frameworks)
- Fluent in Spanish, as the bootcamp will be taught in that language.
- Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the coding community.
- Experience managing and keeping a team motivated.
- Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Great communication skills, can you be engaging as a teacher? :)
● Competitive salary
● Flexible work environment
● 100% Employer-paid healthcare (for US + LATAM full-time employees)
● Tons of amazing events with our students and community of instructors
● Learn to code, design, or analyze data: enroll in our part-time courses for free!
● Unlimited sick policy