Lead Game Designer in Barcelona
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel®, Lamborghini® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 3,600 people worldwide. Every month, 70 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft for brands, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Gameloft Barcelona is hiring a Lead Game Designer.
As a Lead Game Designer, you will:
•Coordinate with the Creative Director, Studio Manager, Game Manager, and and other team leads to define the game vision and execute on that vision with excellence.
•Direct the tone, gameplay and meta structure of the game with an eye on innovation, while leveraging a healthy F2P ecosystem.
•Collaborate with gameplay designers to ensure that game designs meet quality requirements and documentation standards. Set clear creative goals and deliverables; lead and focus efforts across the design team to ensure a cohesive experience across the game and service.
•Coordinate and direct level design teams, to ensure the perfect synergy between mechanics and progression through the game.
•Get aligned with economy designers and product managers to define and execute a live-ops plan that maximizes revenue.
•Anticipate threats to quality and innovation and work effectively with the team leads to mitigate.
•Build and maintain a collaborative relationship with Art, Technology, Online, Data, Audio and Production that ensures a best-in-industry production process.
•Allocate, coordinate and plan resources in collaboration with managers and producers. Anticipate recruitment needs of game designers and participate in the recruitment process.
+6 years as GD including experiences as lead GD or main GD for core gameplay on mobile platform
Must have shipped at least 2 successful titles as a lead or senior GD position
- Proficient in all aspects of game design such as gameplay, balancing, UI, UX, etc.
- Ability to concisely convey ideas, formulate and develop complex concepts
- Capable of providing focused and inspiring creative leadership, and able to coordinate and motivate a whole design team
- Up-to-date on the mobile market and trends
- Ability to hold a strong creative vision while also keeping that vision agile
- High visual creativity and passion for developing video games
- Ability to analyze all data sources (tracking, surveys, community mood) and translate it to actionable conclusions to improve game performance and results
- Excellent organizational skills, and experience with standard industry tools (such as Jira and Trello).
- Excellent level of English
- Working experience on PC or console titles
- University degree in Game Design, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of object oriented and natural programming languages
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to be part of an international environment with daily contact with other countries & cultures!
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
- Permanent contract, full-time job with excellent Social Benefits.
- 25 vacation days per year
- Private medical health insurance
- Flexible compensation with Ticket Restaurant Card
- Free language courses
- Birthday day off + 3 days of choice to do Friday schedule
- Flexible work from home hybrid model + 2 months of full remote to work from anywhere you want!
- Merit based salary progression system and a competitive initial salary package.
- Career-development opportunities.
- Excellent local working conditions (quality of offices, geographical location of office in the centre of Barcelona).
- ... and Thursday afterwork beers!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
5000 - 10000