Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In more than 16 countries around the world, The Knot Worldwide’s leading family of brands—including The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, and more—help people take celebration planning from inspiration to action. When you join our global team, you’ll be a part of a diverse group of individuals passionate about serving and enabling our communities to celebrate the moments that make us.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
As a Lead Engineer, you’ll drive the development and maintenance of all of our systems that serve content-oriented web pages and digital tools for The Bump’s online presence. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you’ll help define the future of The Bump’s tech stack and grow your team’s skills to meet the needs of the platform.
You’ll play a key role in our agile workflow, defining our technical approach and composing detailed breakdowns of technical tasks for complex stories. You’ll lead your team in optimizing and evolving our stack to meet stakeholder needs as well as working on several tools and sub-projects that form part of The Bump’s online presence.
You will also need to work closely with Product and Design Leads to collaborate and iterate on product features. Our Product and Engineering teams work closely together at every phase of product development from research and inception to release and maintenance.
- Produce well-tested, maintainable code that follows design guidelines and best practices while reviewing code from other engineers on the team to provide feedback and approve
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to other engineers on the team while coordinating feature launches
- Actively participate in the ideation and execution of product roadmap
- Work closely with business stakeholders to deliver value to users
- Lead and facilitate decision making during technical meetings
- Ensure technical KPIs around application maintenance, performance and resiliency are met
- Drive technical roadmap, contribute to the development of codebase and infrastructure
- Promote best practices and ensure the continuous improvement of engineering and product processes
- Participate in the Agile development process to help architect, build, and ship new features
- Manage releases to production ensuring QA and stakeholders are all aligned as necessary
- Participate in the technical organization outside of our squad in making company-wide architecture, data, and code pattern decisions
- Communicate and align with other squads inside of our organization who work on other parts of our applications
- Work closely with remote and international teams
SUCCESSFUL LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 6+ years of overall engineering experience
- 5+ years hands-on proven track record implementing full stack applications
- 5+ years of experience using React or other modern frontend framework, NextJS is a plus
- 2+ years team leadership experience, ideally in an agile environment
- 2+ years of DevOps experience - working with AWS or a similar cloud platform
- Strong understanding of web page performance, SEO, and analytics
- Experience building and maintaining scalable REST or GraphQL APIs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Understanding of sustainable design patterns
- Pair programming experience
- Team player, able to multitask, with a can-do attitude
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
We believe in a wide range of holistic offerings to support our employees so that they can live our values day in and day out. From mental wellbeing, physical health and financial planning, to engaging perks and discounts, we are in the business of celebrating and supporting the Moments that Matter both in and out of the “office”. We offer flexible vacation, generous parental leave and prioritize initiatives that support the growth, development, and happiness of our people.
TKWW’s approach to the future of work: We embrace a remote culture and empower our employees to work wherever they feel most productive. To facilitate in-person collaboration, we have office spaces in Austin, TX; Barcelona, Spain; Delhi, India; Galway, Ireland; Guangzhou, China; London, England; New York, NY; Norwalk, CT; Omaha, NE; Portland, OR; and Washington, D.C.
US Notice: The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
U.S. Applicants: If you are a resident of California, Colorado or New York City, please email email@example.com to request your state-specific job description. In the subject line, please add the specific job title of the role you are applying to. Please also be sure to specify your state of residence.
About The Knot Worldwide
Chevy Chase, MD, USA
1,000 - 5,000