At New Relic, we provide our customers with instant and deep insight into their application’s behavior and performance. With our SaaS-based application performance monitoring (APM) solution, we have our customer’s backs by transparently instrumenting their application and reporting issues, often before the customer knows that there is a problem. We give our customers as much information as possible to help them tune their site’s reliability and performance.
We are creating a new team to focus on building out the next generation of UI components that will be used across all New Relic products.
As a lead engineer on the Platform UI group, you will:
- Build the right tools to make it easy and fast for any New Relic engineer to develop a UI, share UI code, and keep their UX consistent with all products.
- Be an evangelist and mentor for best practices among engineers to provide high-quality and maintainable software.
At New Relic, you will work with some of the best engineers and tackle some of the most complex problems in the industry. As a member of Barcelona team you will help shape and grow our European development center. We’re a fast growing software company that cares about our culture. We value work/life balance, personal respect, code ownership by engineers, and experimentation. If all this sounds like your dream job, read on:
The right candidate likely is:
- You have extensive experience building cross-browser, responsive, and scalable HTML & CSS and have worked with modular CSS architectures (SUIT, BEM, SMACSS, OOCSS, or the like).
- You have experience in working with the current front-end scene, CSS pre/post-processors, build systems, module loaders, and dependency management. Babel and Webpack sound familiar to you.
- You've built responsive web applications in the past. Building websites is great, but this position requires experience building responsive front-end applications with complex, real-time interactions.
- You are excited about emerging Web standards and the fundamentals of writing clean, maintainable code. You promote best practices, great usability, and persistently push the limits of what browsers can do.
- You speak fluent English.
- You have the right to work in Spain (EEA, http://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/).
A little about us:
New Relic is a leading digital intelligence company, delivering full-stack visibility and analytics with more than 14,000 paid business accounts. The New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform provides actionable insights to drive digital business results. Companies of all sizes trust New Relic to monitor application and infrastructure performance so they can quickly resolve issues, and improve digital customer experiences. Learn more at newrelic.com.
Our Barcelona office was established last year with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. This is a unique opportunity to work at a startup within a NYSE company where the entire office fits around the lunch table. We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products. Our mission is to bring a complete data visualization solution compatible with all New Relic products. This comes with a multitude of opportunities for technical growth across different languages and platforms.
We provide competitive compensation, stock options and big-company benefits (medical, etc.) all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up. We can help with relocation.
Interested? Click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
About New Relic