Broker Genius is looking to hire an experienced Lead Frontend Engineer to participate in a new, high performance Engineering team. This team will be central to our application development moving forward, in terms of our existing product, and our new initiatives.
Broker Genius has robust QA, front-end, and product support/resolution teams to help you succeed. We work in a fast-paced environment, enjoy getting things done, and take pride in building a great culture. You will work in a high-energy team that thrives on building great software and meeting difficult challenges.
• Own the front-end code for all our web apps and native mobile apps.
• Assist in setting the technical direction for the team and projects, including selection of technologies, definition of best practices and coding guidelines, review of code organization and algorithms.
• Support decisions on technical choices in projects, participating as technical expert in defining solution for our clients.
• Take responsibility for the leverage of technical skills of the teams, helping in defining the training programs and being aware of the latest technical trends.
• Quickly diagnose and resolve issues found in production.
• Be a role model and mentor for the other members of the team.
• Pay attention to quality, maintainability, performance and testing.
• Contribute to a culture that helps us retain and recruit the best talent.
• Work with our internal HR to recruit and hire the best talent.
• 10+ years of experience building web applications.
• 3+ years of experience using web application frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Ember).
• 2+ years team lead experience or equivalent.
• Experience with native mobile apps.
• Computer Science academic background (Bachelor's or Master's Degree) or equivalent.
• Proven experience building usable, fluid, responsive applications.
• Excellent skills with HTML and CSS.
• Deep knowledge of ES6, AngularJS and ReactJS.
• Knowledge of CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS.
• Solid understanding of UI/UX principles.
• Exceptional attention-to-detail, strive to be “pixel perfect”.
• Experience with Scrum.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Private health insurance with dental coverage
• Bonuses based on performance
• 26 days of annual holidays
• Paid parental leave policy
• Leave early on Fridays (Work done? Go and enjoy the weekend)
• Excellent training program
• Great office with Ping Pong, darts and BBQs
• Plenty of opportunity. The challenge is here for the taking!
• Tea, coffee, juices, fresh fruits and snack
• Team building events
• Amazing work environment and coworkers
• English and Spanish classes!
• Gym Membership (Gymforless)
About Broker Genius