If you dream of deciding features and building a product that is used by thousands of people everyday in one of the most promising industries, at Streamloots you will be able to do it.
If you dream of deciding features and building a product that is used by thousands of people everyday in one of the most promising industries and helping engineering teams to deliver the best functionalities, at Streamloots you will be able to do it.
You will have the possibility to work 100% remote and with a flexible schedule, where you will decide when you work, since we focus on the results and not the hours you work. There is no fix time, and you will be able to communicate with your peers with asynchronous communication.
You will be working in an international and fast-growth start-up where all the team members want to have a positive impact helping the creators to turn their passions into livelihoods.
Your mission is to develop and improve our product across all the phases of the software development cycle. Solving complex problems in order to make our platform more efficient and scalable and help to increase the streamloots community, developing a unique way for streamers to interact with their fans and increase their revenue.
Please, check here our mission statement and values which are two fundamental components of our culture and daily routine.
In this position, you will be able to have an amazing contribution and impact in different areas:
As Frontend Software Engineer
- Have ownership of your work, from design to deployment and operation: You will get involved early in the Product Design process, contributing in product conversations, having in mind the user perspective and providing a strong technical voice in the Product Development process to achieve sound product/technical tradeoffs. And making sure of the value proposition delivery to the users.
You will see how the product you build impact in the revenue of the company.
- Write clean code to develop functional features, doing code reviews and care about code quality and building robust, lasting, and scalable products.
Everyone in the company spends some time in support in order to understand better the user and improve.
- Build a product that is used by thousand of people everyday: You will care about the product you’re building and the problem you’re solving, not just about the technology you’re using.
You take pride in choosing the best technical solution for a problem with the rest of the team by taking all constraints into account. Always delivering high-quality solutions.
You won't just execute, if not you will also be thinking about alternatives, new ideas or what you can add to the product.
Also, when you will be done with your work, you will be able to upload your work to production straight away, which is something that our people value a lot.
- Face challenges and learn and improve your technical side everyday: work on challenging problems, focus on constant usability improvements for your team mission, participating in high-level technical decisions, and attempting to make our technology and our team scale as the business grows.
The other front-end team members say that they learn everyday in the technical side, what makes them feel fullfilled as developers and that you do a lot of front-end both in product and in marketing.
As Squad team member
- Contribute to the mission of the squad and impact in the company: Be owner of some KRs, pushing them in order to have impact on the company mission, taking care of the interdependencies between squads, keeping in mind our values, and applying them on your day to day tasks.
- Bring good practices to the team: Every person at the team is responsible for helping the rest to be better individually and as a team, for this reason you will share all your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team, and also you will be open to learn and improve from others feedback.
Long story, short: How will be your first days in Stream
First month: For the first few weeks we will make sure you know your impact on the team and the business, learning about the team, the business, and processes. You will put your focus on understanding the product and the code, that is a key success factor. Do not be afraid about remote onboarding (because COVID-19).
First Quarter: Little by little, you will begin to have one on one with the CTO and Tech Lead who will take care of your professional and personal development. You will start to own some KRs and their impact on the company.
To the moon: Streamloots will challenge you to grow in your impact on the company, we will work to help you enjoy yourself at work. We expect you to train and share your knowledge with others, and make content creators able to live from what they love, ensuring the best experience for their viewers.
What we offer:
- Open Remote Company: That means that team members will be able to work from wherever they want and that also means that we will be able to work in the office if we want to. Also means that all processes need to be thought of as if we had no office and everyone is working remotely. No one will feel an outsider, since all conversation will need to happen on slack or zoom/hangouts.
- The Quarter meetups: Once every quarter (once COVID allows it), we will all gather in Valencia, to work altogether. We will try to make it for the week of the Company & Team KRs definition.
- Disrupt an industry with tech and data-oriented solutions. We started 2 years ago, and now, over 40,000 streamers in more than 20 different countries have increased their revenue interacting with their fans on Streamloots. We're funded by leading global tech investors including Bessemer.
- Competitive salary and stock option plan. We are working to align our budgets with the market and we believe in that our salary packages are deeply competitive.
You’ll be successful in your mission if:
- Strong Knowledge in all the development processes. At least 3 years
- Strong React & Redux knowledge & experience.
- Knowledge of modern JS stack (ES6, ESNext, Webpack, Babel...) and advanced CSS techniques (PostCSS, Sass, CSSGrid...).
- Solid refactoring skills.
- The urge to write automated tests (unit test, integration tests & end to end)
- A "Gamer" mindset. We expect you to become a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- User obsession. Spread your ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions, making our users happier.
- Knowledge of technology trends, strategic thinking and ability to prioritize being a role model for the rest of the team.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to deal with complexity. Proactivity and Self-Leadership are becoming key essential words in our conversations everyday.
- Native or Fluent English. At the product team, marketing and every day more areas are people who are English Native. Also, it would be so much helpful if you also know Spanish.