Lead Front-end Engineer (d/f/m) - Employee Performance & Development in Madrid
This role can be filled in the Personio office location in Madrid or Remote Spain.
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe! Join our international agile Product, Design & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
The Employee Performance and Development (EPD) tribe is on a mission to empower organizations to develop their people, reward them equitably and drive performance. We are building the tools that help managers foster the right conversations, engage and grow employees in their careers and provide insights to organizations that help them unlock their people's potential. We are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers, and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations in several teams. We’ll continue to grow in 2023 and beyond. Join us and help shape Personio’s journey as part of our EPD tribe.
As a Lead Software Engineer (d/f/m), you will be a bar raiser in a mission-based team within the Personio Engineering organization and take care of team productivity, technical alignment, and technical growth. In this role, you will act as a multiplier for your team. You know how to address each challenge - coding hands-on to prototype a solution, holding technical presentations, or conducting brainstorming sessions with engineers from other domains and teams to tackle a certain problem - You know it best!
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
Increasing performance and productivity of your team by raising ideas how to improve team internal processes and collaboration
Helping design solutions and create alignment between teams when needed while ensuring the delivery of refined work
Mentoring engineers in your team and fostering the technical growth of your teammates with/by pair programming, knowledge sharing and coaching
Be the technical go-to person in your team for technical and non-technical topics and stakeholders
Drive an engineering culture of quality, good development principles and innovation from inside your team
Partnering up with the Engineering Manager on the technical growth of the team
Strategic technical involvement on a team level in the OKR process, hiring strategy and team setup
Managing incident processes and team related follow-ups to ensure high product reliability, stability and security
How we work:
We are a product company, so our teams are organized in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, a Designer, a Product Manager, and an Engineering Manager on one product vertical of our HR Management & Recruiting software.
We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Over 7+ years of software engineering experience building and designing scalable Web applications.
Over 2 years of experience as a “Senior+” software engineer, with a proven track record of leading software engineering teams to tackle complex problems and coordinating implementation of features with stakeholders.
Concrete knowledge of TypeScript, React, SCSS, CSS Modules, Style Dictionary, Rollup, Webpack, Nx and monorepo among other
A deep understanding of DOM, CSSOM, DOM events, Critical Render Path (CRP), semantic versioning, package distribution, client and server side rendering (CSR, SSR).
Experience working with Single-page application, Backend for Frontend, micro-frontends, event-driven, and functional and reactive programming.
Proficient with different types of testing strategies for applications/components.
Experience in mentoring and coaching junior and mid-level engineers
Experience in driving engineering initiatives and improvements
Track record of working in an agile setup using continuous deployment and delivery
Enthusiasm for building a technical strategy and translating it into reality.
Comfortable with breaking down large pieces of work into smaller deliverables.
Strong written and spoken English (level C1 on the CEFR scale)
What motivation and mentality you should bring:
We want to build a category leader for HR software in Europe. You should bring a passion for making the lives of others (in our case: Employees and HR professionals) better
We are experiencing rapid growth and are “building our plane while flying it”. So bring your agile mindset to the table!
Embrace feedback - no one is perfect, and neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other
Proactive problem solver. You are willing to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
Willingness to contribute to tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events
Let’s grow together - share your knowledge, we will share ours!
Humour. Have fun with us, learn with us from our mistakes and bring your good vibes
- Competitive compensation package – reevaluated each year – that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- 28 days of paid vacation, plus another additional day after 2 and 4 years (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- 2 Impact Days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society – one for an individual project of your choice and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Find your best way to work with our office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs
- Annual personal development budget for you to invest in your development via professional memberships, external certifications, conferences, and more
- Regular company and team events like All Company Culture Week and local year-end celebrations
- High-impact working environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Receive generous family leave, child support, mental health support, and sabbatical opportunities with PersonioCares
- Save money with corporate discounts across brands like Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, and more
- Choose between green mobility options, including a bike lease covered by Personio
- Monthly tax-free stipend of €162 to help cover food and public transportation expenses (Cobee)
- Private health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (€43 for employees, spouse, or children)
- Access multiple fitness studios and sports facilities across Spain for €30 per month with a subsidized Gympass membership
- Free English and Spanish language classes
- A beautiful office in the heart of the city, complete with professional espresso machines, free drinks and snacks, and indoor and outdoor break spaces
With over 8,000 customers and a team of 1,700 in seven offices across Europe, now is the perfect time to join! We believe in hiring driven people who want to make an impact. So bring your best, and let’s build the future of HR technology together.
Personio is an equal opportunities employer, committed to building an integrative culture where everyone feels welcomed and supported. We #EmbraceUniqueness and understand that our diverse, values-driven culture makes us stronger. We are proud to have an inclusive workplace environment that will foster your development no matter your gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, education level, or race.
In 2019, tech consultancy GP Bullhound included Personio in a list of 50 European start-ups set to achieve a billion-dollar valuation over the next two years, giving them ‘unicorn’ status.