GreenSwapp is ‘Fitbit of Sustainability’ – it is a gamified, healthy & sustainable food shopping app that enables you to automatically track the climate impact of the food you buy and swap highly carbon intense items in your shopping bag with similar, but more climate-friendly alternatives. The app also provides recipe recommendations that make it seamless for you to integrate climate-friendly consumption into your existing lifestyle.
GreenSwapp has been funded by the ‘Dutch Good Growth Fund’ and the ‘Dutch Innovation Stimulation Funds’ and is part of the global ‘Impact Hub’ network. As an incredibly fast-growing, early-stage startup, we offer you the chance to not just gain visibility into what it takes to build a world-class company from the ground up, but to have an indelible impact on the success of that company, and a positive impact on the society. Here’s a sneak peek of the app
About UI/UX at GreenSwapp
You’re hungry to get your foot in the door at an early stage startup and prove yourself. In your mind, there’s no question that your brilliant skills and passion are going to help create amazing experiences for our users and clients. As Lead UI/UX Designer, you will build design into a creative and strategic force for the company. You will be leading the design vision, strategy, workflow, and team structure to supercharge product, growth, customer service and other efforts. Reporting to the CEO, you will play a key role in delivering on the company mission.
To excel in this role, you must have an excellent understanding of how to design a digital product from scratch while executing quality design at the same time. You must be able to create work that delivers on the warmth of the brand, user experience, visual fidelity, and most importantly, our users’ needs and aspirations.
Above all, versatility is imperative. We’re looking for someone who can work through the big picture strategy but also roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. We also like to see some personal work because if you’re passionate enough to do interesting things in your own time then there’s a good chance you’ll bring some of that enthusiasm to your work at GreenSwapp. If this is you, don’t hang about, we need you right now!
What you’ve accomplished
- You have managed and led design projects before
- You are a master of the Creative Cloud packages & have extensive experience applying it in the digital domain
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience
- You have a strong portfolio of creative work
- No one questions your excellent typography skills - after all, that is the foundation of great design
- You are self-motivated, hardworking, and ready to eat, sleep and drink GreenSwapp
How your skills & passion will come to life at HabitSwapp
- You are a true Integrated Designer with a strong knowledge and understanding of design, illustration, photography and animation
- You will lead the
o Development of the brand book
o UI/UX design of the app (perform usability testing)
o Website redesign based on the new brand
o Other design work for sustainability consulting projects
- You will be able to work with the CEO and the tech team to define and bring to life creative direction across various channels and briefs
- You will inspire those around you to think bigger and always push creative boundaries
- You will bring strong conceptual ideas that are strategically correct and on brief (or you challenge the brief)
- You love feedback and encourage all creative work to be reviewed & discussed both during & after delivery
- You are always looking for opportunities to fine tune the work to deliver on objectives
- You’ll know your print specs from your digital specs and you’ll be able to design anything from a digital banner to a full-scale integrated campaign
- You leave no loose ends and you pay meticulous attention to detail
- And last but by no means least, you love designing awesome things!
What’s in it for you?
As a young, funded start-up, invaluable connections and a cool idea – the biggest offer we have for you is the opportunity for real long-term growth, impact and loads of learning. But here’s the entire shizzle -
- Salary – A competitive salary that will put a permanent smile on your face and pay your bills
- Amsterdam – Come work in the heart of vibrant city of Amsterdam. Our office is at Impact Hub Amsterdam, located inside the Troopen Museum
- Entrepreneurial network - Tap into global entrepreneurial & investor ecosystem and build your network
- Experience Impact – Work towards something that has a positive impact & lets you sleep peacefully at night
- Learn the business of starting a business - A wonderful opportunity to get your hands dirty and build a business from scratch
How to get started
- If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at GreenSwapp, please apply with your CV, and a paragraph or two that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications firstname.lastname@example.org
- If applicable - a Google Play or iTunes store link to an app you may have developed
● Article in Telegraaf about the origins of HabitSwapp (previously called GreenerU)
● Article on NOS (the biggest Dutch national TV news outlet) about GreenerU at ‘Holland meets Bangalore 2017’
● Radio interview about HabitSwapp by America’s “It’s Hot in Here” radio station
● Oneworld article about HabitSwapp at ‘Springtij 2017’