Spotzer is a rapidly growing, global digital marketing business, headquartered out of Amsterdam. By partnering with some of the world’s largest enterprises, we serve tens of thousands of small to medium businesses across the world by building their websites, launching their paid search campaigns and creating power content.
We are currently on the hunt for a Lead WordPress Developer to head up our internal team of developers and work closely with our global offices to improve end-to-end process, quality and TATs.Reporting directly to the Senior VP Operation and Agency, you will be part of a team that helps shape our best practices for servicing our Partners and their clients with website fulfilment, from quoting to after sales service.
The successful candidate will have great attention to detail and be directed by best user experience, best practice and above all else, outstanding quality. You will also be quick to react, have confidence in your decisions, and when required, happily jump on the tools to ensure the build meets client expectation and deadlines.
- Lead and manage an internal team of WordPress Developers to build sites on time, budget and quality.
- Working alongside other Heads of Departments to set best practices for our global businesses.
- Understand development best practices and be able to work out and create solutions based on uninformed and sometimes unclear briefs.
- Coach and train internal and global departments to ensure all builds are produced to a consistent standard and best practice
- Work closely with our Traffic Manager and Client Managers to ensure all builds are progressing on time and budget.
- Maintain site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards
- Perform continual maintenance checks to ensure optimal site performance
- Perform browser compatibility assessments and testing
- Manage web project requests, including creating project plans, communicating plans to Cross Functional Teams, testing and quality assurance for new pages/features, and managing to project milestones
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development, particularly WordPress
- Experience managing a development team, with experience managing a distributed or remote team preferred
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites across different browsers and devices
- Experience with multisite, highly customized WordPress implementations
- Problem-solving and analytical capacity, coupled with a pragmatic approach
- Fluent in English with great communication skills
- Valid EU Working permit
What we offer
- Great central Amsterdam office
- An energetic and passionate team of colleagues
- Pizzas, Beers and other goodies
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days Holiday
Spotzer is an Equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements and you are inspired to join a dynamic, international company that is growing rapidly, we look forward to your application letter and resume.