Opinary has one mission: We make opinions matter- on the web and in
real life. Globally, people use our polling technology to share their
opinion with one simple click. The instant visualization of opinion
trends enables our users to engage in an open dialogue and to understand
By harnessing the latest advances in Machine Learning, NLP and a distributed systems design, our platform ensures that our content always stays relevant to the reader.
With over 120 Million users, we’re one of the fastest growing startups in the media space. You’ve probably used our tools yourself on publishers like The Times, Spiegel Online, The Guardian, Huffington Post or the Rolling Stone.
We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to support our growing data team and continue to deliver the most relevant polls to readers around the globe.
- Leadership: Build and lead a team of talented and motivated data scientists and BI specialists and support them in achieving their growth goals in personal development and professional achievements through regular feedback and active mentoring.
- Data culture: Encourage and advocate for a team-wide data-first mindset by connecting data projects to business goals, teams, and stakeholders across all functional boundaries.
- Opportunities / R&D: You’ll be an active partner to business, tech, and product. Ensure that Opinary stays ahead of the latest advances in Data Science (ML/NLP), by actively promoting methods and data products that create novel opportunities which are technically feasible and impactful.
- Delivery: Support in planning data projects by providing technical guidance and facilitating result driven releases. Focus on continuous improvement of live systems by actively monitoring the production models.
- You have strong leadership skills and display them by supporting your team to unleash their full potential and leading by example.
- You have > 5 years experience actively working as a Data Scientist and running complex machine learning systems in a high-performance environment.
- You have a degree MS/ Ph.D. or comparable in applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering or related quantitative field
- You are fluent in the Data Science tech stack of Python (Numpy, Scipy, Pytorch/Tensorflow), SQL and have run production systems in a distributed systems environment.
- You have excellent communication skills that are clear, concise and focused on outputs.
What we offer
- Your technical chops will directly impact today’s debates in the most relevant media outlets.
- We have a diverse and open culture with different professional and personal backgrounds.
- Our agile team provides the space to directly influence and impact our product positively without having to traverse a complex spiderweb of hierarchies.
- Growth and continuous learning: everyone at Opinary is encouraged to thrust in experiments and personally grow - a generous learning budget underpins this.
- We provide a flexible working environment – choose your working hours, holidays and work machine.