Do you recognize yourself in the following?
I’m self-motivated and highly responsible – I thrive on freedom
I enjoy working in a dynamic and agile environment
I'm always open to new ideas, perspectives and solutions
I’m eager to learn, and love to share
- I'd love to work with a fun, informal and diverse bunch of people
- Then we are looking for you!
As our Lead Data Scientist, you'll work with our talented data team, co-founders, Product Manager and Lead Developer on bringing a personalized experience to more than 30 million kids of all ages. You will have a strong impact on our product development by designing recommendation systems and ranking algorithms, setting things up for growth to 100 million users and beyond. You will improve our in-house analytics, and help to build our data science culture. You combine professional experience working on user centric data science for web platforms with leadership skills.
Lead by example and expand our talented team of all round data scientists, reporting to and working together with our co-founders
Shape our product together with our Product Manager by designing clever recommendation systems and ranking algorithms
Build robust data pipelines by extracting, processing and modelling data. Use Machine Learning (e.g. gradient boosting and NN), NLP (e.g. sentiment analysis and semantic linking) and other techniques to enrich profiles and content, or do recommendations
Collaborate with our Lead Developer in the design and implementation of microservices that integrate seamlessly with our platform’s technology. Select the right tools for our situation
Improve our in-house analytics tools and get the most out of the data collected by our SDK's. Grow Poki’s data science culture and inspire, educate and empower other teams by sharing your knowledge and experience
Set up a basic experimental design framework together with our design and UX team, to allow our product teams and the game developers we work with to build products users love
About our data:
Every month, over 30 million users come to our platform to interact with 5,000 games as they generate more than 1 billion minutes of play time, while the other side of our platform offers game developers useful insights about their games. This is what our current data challenges are about:
Scale: We're on a mission to build the ultimate online playground, where 100 million kids of all ages play together on a daily basis. Therefore all of our services and data warehousing should be scalable. We currently use Google Cloud Platform
Enriched user profiles: We're working on quickly enriching our users' profiles to serve our new guests with the best possible recommendations from the start, tackling the cold start problem
Implicit feedback possibilities: With billions of events generated by our users on the platform as well as in-game, we can draw insights from all levels of user behavior
Content enrichment: Our in-house content expertise enables us to create more and more metadata for our games by combining content tagging and semantic linking
- Have 6+ years of professional experience working on user centric data science for scalable web platforms. You have made a significant impact on the products you worked on, implementing a broad range of data science techniques
- Have 3+ years of professional experience in a leadership role. You're a hands on leader and guide the team by aligning the company’s strategy with your vision on data science. You are a good communicator and share credits
- Have extensive experience in designing and implementing recommendation systems and ranking algorithms for platforms with millions of daily users
- Your background in machine learning enables you to make decisions on a product level
- Have consistently displayed ownership on data scientific problems. You're not afraid to explore and are on top of the state of the art technologies, always keeping track of the relevance from a business perspective
- Have a solid understanding of statistical techniques and Business Intelligence. You have the ability to empower teams to become more data-driven by setting up experiments and creating dashboards
- An academic background with relevant research papers
- A community profile with blogging and/or speaking experience
- Familiarity within the publishing or games industry
- The opportunity to grow a data science culture in a thriving environment
A diverse, talented and self-motivated team
- Work in a fun, friendly and informal setting
- A chance to build your career with our fast-growing company
A competitive salary
State of the art equipment
- A flat organization with lots of personal responsibility and freedom
Sounds good? Then press below to start! 🎮
Please provide your resume and other relevant documents.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!