At AZTEC, our mission is to drive the largest financial ecosystems
onto the public blockchain, by providing the tools to deploy private
transactions across these networks.
We are a small and growing team of eight engineers and mathematicians. We are focused on bringing advanced zero-knowledge systems to market. We believe public blockchains need useable, efficient privacy to reach their full potential.
We are the creators and maintainers of the AZTEC Protocol, the most efficient zero-knowledge protocol built on Ethereum. You can find it here: https://github.com/aztecprotocol/AZTEC
We’re backed by ConsenSys, Entrepreneur First and a small group of great angel investors.
As lead cryptographer, you will help us develop and grow our mid-to-long term research efforts in and around elliptic curve cryptography, sigma protocols, and zero-knowledge proving systems.
You will be defining and scoping research projects, and you will be responsible for communicating their expected timelines and importance to the rest of the team.
You will be exploring topics which will influence the direction of AZTEC products, and you should feel comfortable participating in high level conversations about product direction.
You will also support and help review implementations of key elements of the cryptographic system underpinning AZTEC by reviewing papers for proofs set to be added to our Crypto Engine, and occasionally participating in code reviews.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Defining and leading our internal research process
- Interviewing candidates for research and applied research roles
- Defining and communicating research goals and associated timelines
- Reviewing any public facing cryptography papers
- Training and supervising less experienced researchers in the team
Skills and experience required:
- PhD or PostDoc qualification in cryptography or mathematics, or prior experience in a senior research position in the private sector in the field of cryptography
- A demonstrated ability to communicate complex topics clearly
- A demonstrated ability to manage long lasting projects effectively
- Attention to detail
Bonus points for:
- Interest and curiosity in blockchains and the technology behind them
- Experience with software development in a professional context
- Previous experience in a growing startup