Shedd is an app for buying and selling pre-adored fashion.
Sounds simple enough, right? Our ambitions are significantly bigger. We believe fashion is just the start. The goal has always been to make better use of the world's possessions. What we do after revolutionising the way the planet consume fashion with a heavy bias to minimalism and access over ownership is up to you.
We are Shedd, and we are trying to help the world make better use of its possessions. We see the biggest opportunity right now in the fashion segment, where globalization, increased disposable income in emerging markets, social media obsession and fast fashion are creating consumerism that is spiraling out of control.
We know that over 50% of the average woman’s wardrobe space is made up of unworn or once-worn items in perfect condition, that will never be worn again. So Shedd created a fashion marketplace enabling people to be creative and experimental – but in a more sustainable way. Promoting the buy.wear.shedd. mentality.
A young and hungry company with a global footprint, backed by OLX Group and Naspers – Shedd is an exciting place to work. We are aggressively expanding into new markets, and are still agile enough to test and iterate design systems with pace (as a start-up would), whilst benefiting from the backing and experience of a global powerhouse, to scale quickly.
Are you a people person and genuinely enjoy helping others grow? Are you a thought leader? Can you solve any task thrown at you, irrespective of complexity or scale? Do you mentor and lead those in your team and push the boundaries of perfection? Do you know which corners can and can't be cut? Can you balance technical ambitions with business objectives?
As a Team Lead you present yourself as a strong leader, demonstrate deep practical engineering knowledge and have a proven track record for timely project delivery and project management. You'll be asked to harness your insight into technology and collaborate with Product Managers to make products that enrich the lives of our users, leveraging multiple cross-disciplinary streams to achieve our technological and business vision.
Delivering A-class products that scale to thousands of users, applying new industry trends and challenging your peers are all part of the daily gig. Our Team Leads conceive, design and deliver the innovative products at Shedd. They have an intimate knowledge of the business domain and always put our user's experience first.
A Team Lead is an expert in building great teams: by understanding the dynamics of the teams and harnessing strengths of each team member to make them an efficient unit. She/He understands and believes in our core values, is a proponent of empowering the team to make the right decisions.
What you will do
- Demonstrate technical leadership and mentorship by setting challenging but realistic goals and guiding the team efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Lead by example and contribute world class code to your stream.
- Promote companywide coding standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Monitor the performance of team members. Identify and encourage areas for growth and personal development.
- Gather up-to-date and in-depth understanding of the Shedds code base and technologies and of industry trends.
- Provide and share a broad knowledge of technologies and architectures and function as a mentor within the scope of your team and with the rest of the engineers.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and operations.
- Create optimal working environment and methodologies for an integrated team.
- Impact on the direction and scope of Shedd’s technical vision.
- Collaborating closely with Product, Infrastructure, Design, UX, CLM and BI to deliver highest quality products.
- Hiring A-players to build High Performing Teams, constantly raising the bar of engineering talent.
What we ask from you
- In-depth understanding of free and open-source android libraries as Dagger, RxJava and local storage etc.
- In depth knowledge tradeoffs of fast iteration cycles on mobile apps, e.g. feature flags, A/B tests, multiple versions of functionality in the app.
- Good knowledge of Http protocol and API design tradeoffs
- Knowing the impact of choice, when to a corner to when it has to be solid build.
- Source code control, build process management, continuous integration, automated testing and other development process.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and frameworks.
- Good understanding of leadership, coaching and mentoring principles.
- Basic Understanding of good product, design and UX principles.
- Strong structuring and analytical skills combined with a hands-on attitude.
- Solid analytical thinking and project management.
- Passionate about mobile and have deep interest in developing businesses. Independence, flexibility and speed are as important to you as gaining international experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What we would need from you
- Fast and thorough.
- Natural and effective communicator.
- A 5* attitude, ready to punch above your weight, whilst getting those hands dirty.
What we offer:
- Office location in Barcelona City Centre
- Private Health Insurance
- Access to Internal and External Trainings, Workshops and Conferences
- 3pm Finish on a Friday
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Access to Flexible Retribution
- Free Language Lessons
- Free Snacks and Coffee
- Shedd Team Breakfast on Tuesdays
- Flexible Working Hours
- A multicultural environment with more than 19 nationalities
- A passionate, super smart, creative, fun and talented Team
- Be part of OLX Group
Are you ready to take on a new challenge and apply for this role?